2025 PF Trent Sisley

gnet550

15 minutes ago, ephul said:

If he's going to play in the Big Ten, it would've been smart to embrace that style

The Big Ten is physical yes, but this isn’t basketball what he’s up against nightly…

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JW75 said:

The Big Ten is physical yes, but this isn’t basketball what he’s up against nightly…

I watched TKR go through that at Silver Creek night in and night out.  I appreciate him fighting through it and bringing the community a couple of State Championships.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I watched TKR go through that at Silver Creek night in and night out.  I appreciate him fighting through it and bringing the community a couple of State Championships.  

Oh I agree it sucks for the high school, fans and coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Zeller went through it at Washington. one game i went to they beat him up with 3 kids at a time. one trip down the court Cody just walked out of bounds and stood there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Zeller went through it at Washington. one game i went to they beat him up with 3 kids at a time. one trip down the court Cody just walked out of bounds and stood there.

No doubt. I watched it too. He'd shoot free throws and he'd get thrown down by the opposing team "blocking him out".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Not much higher character than all three of the Zeller boys.  Pretty clear the trend toward prep schools for the elite talent is just going to get more common, unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Hearing a few things…this was done to absolutely get ready for college. He is at the ceiling at HH. From my understanding woody suggested he go this route and sounds as if he’s an IU lean after all. At MV he will get top notch skill, health, nutrition and overall better environment than where he’s at. Kid wants it and understands the process. This screams Woodson. 

Schools were aware of the move but none pushed for this 

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I’d bet it wasn’t pushed but suggested. Don’t use my word suggested as being pushed. Big difference. 

Edited by Victobmyboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Hearing a few things…this was done to absolutely get ready for college. He is at the ceiling at HH. From my understanding woody suggested he go this route and sounds as if he’s an IU lean after all. At MV he will get top notch skill, health, nutrition and overall better environment than where he’s at. Kid wants it and understands the process. This screams Woodson. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

My first thought when I heard Montverde was Ondiana's recent run of recruiting from that school.  I am not an insider by any definition of the term, but I have to think IU shared feedback about the school to an Indiana kid we are recruiting heavily.

They may not have 'pushed', but they could have 'suggested', and almost certainly did nothing to discourage it.

• Like 1

I especially get it for bigs. Bigs in high school don’t get a lot of competition night in and out. At best they see double teams…at worst it’s two three zone and triple teams…and hack a Shaq. He might face a true test 1-1 two to three times a year. At a place like Verde he can get challenged by equal size and physicality and skill every game. It’s a big plus.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://spartanavenue.com/posts/michigan-state-basketball-may-be-trending-for-4-star-forward-01j4pxfjp6v6

This MSU writer came to the conclusion that MSU is the leader for Sisley because they get the last visit.

I wouldn’t be shocked if it is Michigan St or Notre Dame. I don’t get the sense the IU staff is prioritizing Sisley today like they are Mullins, Haralson, Ament, and Moreno and I think there’s enough noise in his ear from those around him who would rather see him go play in South Bend or East Lansing than have to root for Purdue. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if it is Michigan St or Notre Dame. I don’t get the sense the IU staff is prioritizing Sisley today like they are Mullins, Haralson, Ament, and Moreno and I think there’s enough noise in his ear from those around him who would rather see him go play in South Bend or East Lansing than have to root for Purdue. 

I am not saying he will not go to MSU but just pointing out that it is a little off base to say they are leaders because they are getting the last visit.

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

We'll see how things stand after the visit 

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

We'll see how things stand after the visit 

The way I see it, IU has room for Sisley, they aren’t going to rescind his offer or anything like that, clearly, as he is still taking an OV. That being said, I don’t think the staff is begging him to come the way they are Mullins, Haralson, etc. I also don’t think Sisley is all-in on Indiana either. I do think there’s some inherent pressure to attend IU so we’ll see what happens. 

19 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

The way I see it, IU has room for Sisley, they aren’t going to rescind his offer or anything like that, clearly, as he is still taking an OV. That being said, I don’t think the staff is begging him to come the way they are Mullins, Haralson, etc. I also don’t think Sisley is all-in on Indiana either. I do think there’s some inherent pressure to attend IU so we’ll see what happens. 

I believe IU is in a better spot with Sisley than your realize. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 12:52 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

A bit surprised how much he fell in the rankings tbh.  

Ehh he's been trending down for some time now. His initial high ranking was more on projection than anything else. He was 6'5-6'6 as a freshman and physically more mature than many of his peers. Similar to Colin Hartman, his peers eventually caught up to him and passed him. He measured under 6'6 last month at the Adidas national camp. He's a wing without a strong handle. He'll be a quality 4 year player somewhere but his ceiling has significantly been lowered because he hasn't grown. 

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Thanks 1