2025 PF Trent Sisley Commits to INDIANA!!

gnet550

34 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

yup Koehler to ND confirmed

I’m sure that went hand in hand with Sisley…. Also I was thinking about this… why did Sisley drop so much? Initially I would be concerned until I heard he was transferring to IU College Prep then I felt better that they will fix some of the issues that caused him to drop. I also think he’s a 4 year guy which is something we need with as many players we will lose. He can sit behind Malik and hopefully Goode (if he gets medical year) for a year and just learn things then take off running his sophomore year 

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m sure that went hand in hand with Sisley…. Also I was thinking about this… why did Sisley drop so much? Initially I would be concerned until I heard he was transferring to IU College Prep then I felt better that they will fix some of the issues that caused him to drop. I also think he’s a 4 year guy which is something we need with as many players we will lose. He can sit behind Malik and hopefully Goode (if he gets medical year) for a year and just learn things then take off running his sophomore year 

Not sure why he dropped, could it have been he was rated too high to begin with?  That is certainly possible.  The talent level that he was playing against(not sure how good talent was in surrounding high schools) prior to transferring maybe also contributed to him falling.  

He could/should rise back up some after this year imo.  I think Goode and Sisley could co-exist together but with the turnover that rosters take on nowadays it is hard to look past one season at a time for potential lineups

16 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Also I was thinking about this… why did Sisley drop so much?

He measured in at 6’5 at a combine this summer. That’s smaller than an undersized 4. Doesn’t have the ball handling skills or athleticism to exclusively play out on the wing, but still an immensely talented kid who can shoot and brings intangibles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He’s about 6’7 with shoes on and about a 6’11 wingspan 

Which means 6’7 guys are 6’9 as they wear shoes as well. I don’t think it makes a huge difference but it’s definitely why he dropped in the rankings as he was thought to be a legitimate 6’7-6’8 prospect. 

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 1

Just now, kycarter88 said:

I also don’t think this is the type of kid to jump ship if he’s not getting meaningful minutes his freshman year, which is another positive. Rooting for him when he makes the call for IU

Think Anthony Leal. Southern Indiana kid that grew up dreaming of playing for IU while cheering on the Hoosier. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

At this time last year he was priority #1...and while JH/BM have jumped in the rankings this kid is still every bit of baller as he was last year.

The type of player that makes programs sustain winning because he'll be here for a few years. Huge get for Coach Woodson and Staff. 

• Like 5