2025 PF Trent Sisley Commits to INDIANA!!

gnet550

35 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

You have to lose players if you oversign. 

Not if they agree to walk on in exchange for NIL money that will pay for their tuition, room and board, etc. 

But there’s a law of diminishing returns that comes into play there. You likely can’t keep more than 13 guys happy year in and year out. 

1 minute ago, Boiler Sam said:

Not if they agree to walk on in exchange for NIL money that will pay for their tuition, room and board, etc. 

But there’s a law of diminishing returns that comes into play there. You likely can’t keep more than 13 guys happy year in and year out. 

Why would Purdue, or any school for that matter, waste precious NIL funds on their 13th, 14th, and 15th player who aren't ever going to get off the bench? Why would the 13th, 14th, and 15th player essentially pay back their NIL allotment to essentially be a walk-on? Unless your 13th, 14th, and 15th guys are making 6+ figures in NIL, they're basically paying their way on to the team as a walk-on. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

against the rules. you cant pay NIL in place of a scholly.

Edited by Indykev

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

against the rules. you can't pay NIL in place of a scholly.

True, but there is absolutely no way they can enforce their silly rule.  If they try, they'll face a class action suit from all the walk-ons.

How's that going to work anyway? It's already been shown through sources that, despite what the PUkes here say, Purdue is on the short end of the NIL stick...So you take from the better players just to dodge scholarship limits? Ooookay...

Good Lord, they'd probably make more money working at a fast food joint in California 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Why would Purdue, or any school for that matter, waste precious NIL funds on their 13th, 14th, and 15th player who aren't ever going to get off the bench? Why would the 13th, 14th, and 15th player essentially pay back their NIL allotment to essentially be a walk-on? Unless your 13th, 14th, and 15th guys are making 6+ figures in NIL, they're basically paying their way on to the team as a walk-on. 

Player development. So you can take kids like Jack Benter, Brian Waddell, and Will Berg, and develop them over 5 years. 

And to be prepared for unexpected transfers, which thankfully we haven’t had too many of, unlike the football team. 

2 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Player development. So you can take kids like Jack Benter, Brian Waddell, and Will Berg, and develop them over 5 years. 

And to be prepared for unexpected transfers, which thankfully we haven’t had too many of, unlike the football team. 

So waste $200-300k of NIL funds on the 13, 14th, and 15h players to pay their way who likely will never play a meaningful minute as opposed to using it on a high end recruit or transfer? Yeah I don't see that strategy working long term in this current climate.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

So waste $200-300k of NIL funds on the 13, 14th, and 15h players to pay their way who likely will never play a meaningful minute as opposed to using it on a high end recruit or transfer? Yeah I don't see that strategy working long term in this current climate.

More like $20K. If it was going to be Benter, as rumored, that’s roughly  instate tuition and room and board. 

It’s only a contingency plan if you oversign and then no one leaves. Not something that would happen every year.

27 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

More like $20K. If it was going to be Benter, as rumored, that’s roughly  instate tuition and room and board. 

It’s only a contingency plan if you oversign and then no one leaves. Not something that would happen every year.

I thought every Purdue player made $100k from the Purdue collectives last year? Or at least that's what GBI loves to tout. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

I thought every Purdue player made $100k from the Purdue collectives last year? Or at least that's what GBI loves to tout. 

Don’t know what they all get. What does that have to do with giving Jack Benter $20-25K to walk on for a year ?

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Don’t know what they all get. What does that have to do with giving Jack Benter $20-25K to walk on for a year ?

Why would Jack Benter pay his way to sit on the bench when he could get scholarship money at 100 other schools on top of NIL that doesn't actually have to go towards expenses? And who or why would give money to essentially a walk-on when it could be allocated other places? It sounds like a nice concept, but that doesn't really jive with reality. 

8 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Why would Jack Benter pay his way to sit on the bench when he could get scholarship money at 100 other schools on top of NIL that doesn't actually have to go towards expenses? And who or why would give money to essentially a walk-on when it could be allocated other places? It sounds like a nice concept, but that doesn't really jive with reality. 

I’m sure he would have had some NIL money left after writing a check to Purdue. 

And, again, it’s about developing players for down the road. Painter doesn’t do things the way everyone else does. This isn’t news.

6 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

And, again, it’s about developing players for down the road. Painter doesn’t do things the way everyone else does. This isn’t news.

Where is the path for playing time for someone like Jack Benter down the road if they ask him to start paying his way because he's low man on the totem pole?

Edited by IndyResident16

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

you forgot..."because Painter is God"

3 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

Where is the path for playing time for someone like Jack Benter down the road if they ask him to start paying his way because he's low man on the totem pole?

Having a collective fund his education is hardly “paying his own way.” 

We’ve had lots of kids redshirt and then play important roles later in their career. Lots of freshmen on high school and college teams are “low man on the totem for pole”…for a variety of reasons…late bloomer, stuck behind upperclassmen beasts on the depth chart…etc…doesn’t mean they have to stay there. 

From what I’ve heard about Jack (from a guy I know in Brownstown) I think he will find a path to playing time at some point. 

We’ll see. More than one way to skin a cat. 

1 hour ago, NY hoosier said:

Is this the Purdue board?😎

You wouldn't know it wasn't unless someone told you. 🙄

Anyway, back on topic:

Anyone able to confirm if Braylon and Malachi are still planning to also visit together 9/20?

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Anyway, back on topic:

Anyone able to confirm if Braylon and Malachi are still planning to also visit together 9/20?

Ugh, the little troll gets the last shot…

4 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Anyway, back on topic:

Damn, he is at Purdue on my birthday.

On 6/18/2024 at 3:06 PM, IndyResident16 said:

Every Purdue player would get more money at IU or Arkansas 

yet they stay 

I still think some kids want a degree and program that they can trust 

• Haha 2