'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I had no interest in accepting an NIT invite. Not really sure what there is to gain, let alone TG was hurt, Ware wouldn't have played. 

So you play one game, get absolutely waxed, Woodson and Co hear it even more from fans, and that is somehow better than "not accepting", there is some serious mental gymnastics going on to make that workable. 

You make my point. That is an administration acting out of fear and CYA rather than having the swagger and confidence to go out and try to win a tournament, especially when the finals would be played in Indy. That is an organization who has forgotten who its customers are. It's like they really hate their fans. 

OSU, MN, IA, Xavier, Butler, Cinci all accepted bids. Those are teams IU is potentially recruiting against. All teams have injuries and/or players sitting out at this time of year. They mentioned on the broadcast that due to an injury, Jizzle James doesn't have a sub, so he plays every minute. He's playing great. From the games I watched, the players in the NIT were really playing hard. They cared. So IU's administration either doesn't care to offer it's players that opportunity or IU's players don't care as much as other programs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You make my point. That is an administration acting out of fear and CYA rather than having the swagger and confidence to go out and try to win a tournament, especially when the finals would be played in Indy. That is an organization who has forgotten who its customers are. It's like they really hate their fans. 

OSU, MN, IA, Xavier, Butler, Cinci all accepted bids. Those are teams IU is potentially recruiting against. All teams have injuries and/or players sitting out at this time of year. They mentioned on the broadcast that due to an injury, Jizzle James doesn't have a sub, so he plays every minute. He's playing great. From the games I watched, the players in the NIT were really playing hard. They cared. So IU's administration either doesn't care to offer it's players that opportunity or IU's players don't care as much as other programs. 

Swagger for playing in the NIT? Nahhh. TG was out, Ware wouldn't have played. Getting waxed in the first rd of the NIT is sooo much worse of a look than not playing. 

Or IU just wasn't in a position to play in the NIT this year. 

• Like 1

Galloway and Leal were injured to close the year. Ware is going pro. Gunn, Banks, and Sparks are transferring. Newton is redshirting. You've got just five scholarship guys left, and two of them are out of eligibility. A few extra reps for Cupps, Reneau, and Mgbako (assuming he doesn't go pro too) isn't worth it. And I say that quite apart from any recruting needs. Even with a full class, I don't think there'd be a point to playing in the NIT with this roster. When the loss came, it would be just one more chance for fans to be upset, and we've had enough of those already. Let the season end.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

PS. Pretty sure Hinkle is already sold out since ISU won last night.

It is; StubHub tickets for semifinal games look to be starting close to $100. Center lower section highest price I saw was over $800. Go Sycamores!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks like Pat Kelsey will be the next UL HC, this is like their third one in 6 days

Louisville was in discussions Wednesday with Kelsey and Indiana State coach Josh Schertz, the two serious candidates for Louisville's opening. However, Schertz, whose Sycamores team is still playing in the NIT, decided he wasn't interested. which opened the door for Kelsey to take the job if he wants it after Louisville and Kelsey negotiate terms.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/louisville-offers-charlestons-pat-kelsey-job-to-become-cardinals-next-basketball-coach/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Looks like Pat Kelsey will be the next UL HC, this is like their third one in 6 days

This was a great post on the LVille board:

ESPN’s Jay Bilas called Kelsey, "a great coach. He is an energetic teacher, recruiter, strategist, and he is a principled leader. Pat is demanding and encouraging and puts each player in a position to be successful. Players don’t just play for Pat Kelsey, he works tirelessly for his players."

But there’s always those kind of things when a new coach is hired. Seems liked a generic Bilas quote

"Archie Miller is one of the finest young coaches in the game, and a great choice for Indiana Basketball. Archie is a great basketball mind, an excellent teacher, and he is a genuine, grounded person. Basketball is in Archie Miller's blood. I believe in his ability, and believe he will be a big success at Indiana." - Jay Bilas, ESPN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Watching the end of this Seton Hall - UNLV game and I guess I’ve never seen Seton Hall playing at home in what appears to be a middle school gym??? 🤣 I mean my high school gym is larger than this!

They don't usually play in that gym but probably couldn't get their normal arena for the NIT

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

Now the Utah - VCU game is on and I took a break from making important posts on HSN via my phone to check the tv and YIKES that floor is BRIGHT!

Some of the places i have seen NIT games in feel like high school gyms.  And honestly, the NCAA should require all floors to be exactly the same.  No Oregon floor, no Boise State football turf, etc..  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Some of the places i have seen NIT games in feel like high school gyms.  And honestly, the NCAA should require all floors to be exactly the same.  No Oregon floor, no Boise State football turf, etc..  

eh... i say leave it be. if they want ugly let them. What's next all baseball fields need to be the same? Home court is home court. let them paint it however they want. Cameron Indoor only holds 890 more people than New Castle and Cameron is considered a top 10 venue by a lot of people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

eh... i say leave it be. if they want ugly let them. What's next all baseball fields need to be the same? Home court is home court. let them paint it however they want. Cameron Indoor only holds 890 more people than New Castle and Cameron is considered a top 10 venue by a lot of people.

meh, disagree but i feel like recently you disagree with everything.  All i said is basketball courts should be the same color and so should football fields.  Not saying they should all be the same size or shape.  But its my opinion and that is all it is.  Its something i don't like.  You don't have to agree.  Feel free to like whatever you want my man.  Have a great day

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

That may make sense. The Oregon floor is 😳 and I would get lost on it 😂 Don’t remember seeing the Boise State football turf but will be checking that out..

Go wild on the logo, but maybe maintain a similar base floor color/design. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Floor size should be uniform (I assume it is), minimum perimeter required if possible & doesn’t involve building a new gym (grandfather in older buildings). 

My kids played CYO bball at gyms in Indy or FW (don’t remember) that I think had maybe a foot allowance lol. A bit snug. 🤣

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

meh, disagree but i feel like recently you disagree with everything.  All i said is basketball courts should be the same color and so should football fields.  Not saying they should all be the same size or shape.  But its my opinion and that is all it is.  Its something i don't like.  You don't have to agree.  Feel free to like whatever you want my man.  Have a great day

my opinion is worth just as much as yours, which they both mean squat. My point was the colors on the floor effects 0% of the game and the differences in a baseball field have a much more drastic impact of the actual game.

nonetheless, the colors of the floor (Oregon) and the size of the gym (Cameron Indoor circa 1940) is a part of their tradition, albeit Oregon's is a lot more recent. 

Infact, I would LOOOOOOVE IU to do something different, like maybe paint the end zone candy stripe. 

I didn't mean to offend you, by expressing my opinion, just like you did yours.  

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

my opinion is worth just as much as yours, which they both mean squat. My point was the colors on the floor effects 0% of the game and the differences in a baseball field have a much more drastic impact of the actual game.

nonetheless, the colors of the floor (Oregon) and the size of the gym (Cameron Indoor circa 1940) is a part of their tradition, albeit Oregon's is a lot more recent. 

Infact, I would LOOOOOOVE IU to do something different, like maybe paint the end zone candy stripe. 

I didn't mean to offend you, by expressing my opinion, just like you did yours.  

End zones are different.  Middle logo is different.  Size of the stadium/arena is different.  Color of the playing surface should be uniform in my opinion.  I 100% believe Boise State has an advantage with that blue field and their blue home jerseys.  I believe Oregon's wild floor pattern plays an effect on shooters and is just hard to watch from a viewers standpoint.  There are so many ways to differentiate your program and keep some tradition standards.  

Again, all my opinion and i know absolutely nothing about anything so i leave it at that

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 9:23 AM, IowaHoosierFan said:

End zones are different.  Middle logo is different.  Size of the stadium/arena is different.  Color of the playing surface should be uniform in my opinion.  I 100% believe Boise State has an advantage with that blue field and their blue home jerseys.  I believe Oregon's wild floor pattern plays an effect on shooters and is just hard to watch from a viewers standpoint.  There are so many ways to differentiate your program and keep some tradition standards.  

Again, all my opinion and i know absolutely nothing about anything so i leave it at that

Next thing you know you’ll demand 3 point lines are uniform in Women’s NCAA 😬

Candy Stripe end zone 🔥 

Tennessee Checkered end zone 🔥🔥

Oregon & TCU floors are hard to watch 

Trying to remember how many teams had volleyball lines on the court in Big Ten back in the day 🤔

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Next thing you know you’ll demand 3 point lines are uniform in Women’s NCAA 😬

Candy Stripe end zone 🔥 

Tennessee Checkered end zone 🔥🔥

Oregon & TCU floors are hard to watch 

Trying to remember how many teams had volleyball lines on the court in Big Ten back in the day 🤔

I don't mind the end zone being painted, but i think the main playing surface should be the same across all schools.  I personally don't like basketball courts being super busy and distracting.  But that's just me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't mind the end zone being painted, but i think the main playing surface should be the same across all schools.  I personally don't like basketball courts being super busy and distracting.  But that's just me.

But who gets to define busy?

I've seen the classic MECCA floor called "busy", and that's from the 1970s. 

1683656-inline-s-11-mecca-basketball-court-panels.jpg

And even then, there's never been a consistent defined pattern for courts.  Do you leave the lane open and just defined or paint it in? I've seen "traditional" courts use both.  Same for the free throw circle.  Same color as the lane? Split in half at the free throw line? Complete contrasting circle?

I'm sure I'll have voodoo dolls made in my likeness with pins in them over saying this, but I've never really liked IU's court design.  It's the "white toast, no butter" of courts.  Would anyone get their knickers in a knot if the paint were...oh...I don't know....maybe painted? Just a little bit of red to break it up. 

Or if that's just too wild and out there, do either the lane or the area inside the three point line except the lane in a slightly contrasting wood stain. 

I'm not saying we need to go full Oregon and do the outline of a Sarlacc on the court, but just something a little different but still in a "traditional" design.