'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

4 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Didn’t get a chance to watch but always enjoy watching FAU

Both teams has such good guard play and spread the floor out.  Still don't understand today's coaches and what they run at the end of games. UA down 1 I'm the second OT and called a timeout with 7 seconds to go. They got the ball to Love at the top of  the key and he took a contested 3 at the buzzer and missed it. Why don't you run something to get a player a really good shot off of your offense.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Both teams has such good guard play and spread the floor out.  Still don't understand today's coaches and what they run at the end of games. UA down 1 I'm the second OT and called a timeout with 7 seconds to go. They got the ball to Love at the top of  the key and he took a contested 3 at the buzzer and missed it. Why don't you run something to get a player a really good shot off of your offense.

Ummm, I am going to guess the coach did run something with the hopes of getting a good shot.

It's not like the other team just watches them, and says "ok, we will wljust watch".

They also draw up a strategy to have them not get a good shot.

I doubt the coach said "hey, let's try to make a highly contested shot at the very very last second."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Ummm, I am going to guess the coach did run something with the hopes of getting a good shot.

It's not like the other team just watches them, and says "ok, we will wljust watch".

They also draw up a strategy to have them not get a good shot.

I doubt the coach said "hey, let's try to make a highly contested shot at the very very last second."

It seems to me they try to get one guy the ball at the top of the key and spread the floor out. If you do that then take it to the basket 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Was not impressed with what I saw. Memphis' record thus far is fools gold. They still don't have a coach.

Memphis & FAU played in the 8/9 game last year 

If the PG doesn’t throw the the ball away or the ref awards Memphis a TO on the tie up we would know who Dusty May was 

FAU is really good….not sure Purdue beats them if they get by FDU 

penny is learning on the job 

he learned he needed older guys this year instead of 5 star freshman 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Weren't most of U of Lol fans happy with the hire?

Probably.  As I recall, Payne was known as a recruiter.  That's a long stretch to being a good coach though.  Personally, I'm skeptical of a coaching hire that isn't proven as a coach. So many schools hire former NBA players and/or proven recruiters hoping/thinking they can coach and the vast majority of them have proven they aren't that good at actual coaching.

• Like 1