'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Obviously it is...

What do I worry about? My wife, my kids, my grandkids, my friends, my duty...That's really about it...

Indiana basketball is something I love, but to put it in proper perspective, it doesn't really affect me or my overall happiness...Am I glad when they win? Sure...Am I disappointed when we lose? Sometimes, but I get over both really quickly...

I've explained more than once why last year was an enjoyable one for me, so I'm not going to go over it again...This year has been enjoyable as well...Sorry it isn't to you, but that's your issue...

Of all the stupid posts you’ve made, this is the most stupid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don’t want to steal KOB’s thunder, but I’d also like to answer this. 

Failure is not making the tournament. Plain and simple. 

Given today’s climate in college basketball, which includes NIL and the transfer portal, I think a team with our resources, fan base and history we should…..

- Never be wondering ‘if’ we should be making the tournament. We should be wondering, how high is our seed.

- We should always finish top 5 in the conference. . 

- We should not have the type of down years that put us on the bubble. A ‘down year’ for us should be around an 8 seed. 

- We should not be worrying about roster turnover. Seriously, F that. We have one of the biggest alumni bases in the country and most of us are basketball fanatics. We have alumni that will pony up to pay coaches our buy out their contracts. We have that NIL collectives that can bring in high volumes of donations at the drop of a hat. 

- We should not be debating who is and who is not struggling against mid-majors to make ourselves feel more optimistic. We shouldn’t even be in this position. 

Shaka and Beard have turned around their programs quickly. Some may be saying that I’m comparing us to anomalies of success, and you’re damn right that I am. I wouldn’t make those expectations about the football program because that would be silly. I’m talking about Indiana University basketball - we are valued as the 3rd most valuable program in college basketball.

If you call my expectations unrealistic, then I guess we’ll never see eye to eye.

And I'll counter with we HAVE made the tournament in each of Mike Woodson's 2 years...

And this season isn't over, although some people want to declare it as such...

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

It was stupid because of what you said about me.

What? That you obviously only care about how the team and the results make YOU feel? That you try to belittle last year by making an argument that somehow finishing 2nd in the Big 10 is some sort of failure?

All about you is the vibe I get any time you make that argument...And I'm pretty sure I'm spot on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And I'll counter with we HAVE made the tournament in each of Mike Woodson's 2 years...

And this season isn't over, although some people want to declare it as such...

I think you are making some assumptions that I have not said. 

A. I have not discounted the first 2 years. I also have never once said that I want Woody fired, in case you think that’s my position. He has done many things well. He should get an opportunity to get this program up to snuff. But if we don’t make the tournament this year and do not fill the roster with more athletic shooters next spring, my opinion may change. This is a crucial year for our program. 

B. I’m very careful in all my posts to not discount the fact that we can turn this season around. But based on our results, we are far from a tournament team right now. That’s just the reality we are dealing with. 

• Like 2

Just now, tdhoosier said:

I think you are making some assumptions that I have not said. 

A. I have not discounted the first 2 years. I also have never once said that I want Woody fired, in case you think that’s my position. He has done many things well. He should get an opportunity to get this program up to snuff. But if we don’t make the tournament this year and do not fill the roster with more athletic shooters next spring, my opinion may change. This is a crucial year for our program. 

B. I’m very careful in all my posts to not discount the fact that we can turn this season around. But based on our results, we are far from a tournament team right now. That’s just the reality we are dealing with. 

I didn't assume anything...You put the baseline (making the tournament) out there, and I said we'd fulfilled it so far...

We're only 11 games into the season...I know it's become a punchline to some, but seriously, let it play out...

37 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What? That you obviously only care about how the team and the results make YOU feel? That you try to belittle last year by making an argument that somehow finishing 2nd in the Big 10 is some sort of failure?

All about you is the vibe I get any time you make that argument...And I'm pretty sure I'm spot on...

You really are showing how clueless you are. Really do seem to struggle with worrying about yourself. You absolutely leapt to an ignorant conclusion of @KoB2011 for what? Just to try to push buttons? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You asked me what I worry about, and I answered you...I never said anything beyond the scope of basketball what I believe you worry about...Not my business...The earth and the planets don't revolve around you and your feelings...

And I don't worry about basketball games/seasons/players...It's entertainment, and I treat it as such...Happy when we win, disappointed when we lose, but still not an affect on my life one way or the other...

I'm a happy camper in that regard...

This is complete bullcrap. If your life was so balanced and you had the right perspective like you insinuate, you wouldn’t challenge another opinion about IU basketball like it makes your butt hurt. Talking about fragile. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

You really are showing how clueless you are. Really do seem to struggle with worrying about yourself. You absolutely leapt to an ignorant conclusion of @KoB2011 for what? Just to try to push buttons? 

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

This is complete bullcrap. If your life was so balanced and you had the right perspective like you insinuate, you wouldn’t challenge another opinion about IU basketball like it makes your butt hurt. Talking about fragile. 

What "ignorant conclusion" did I make? That the way this basketball team performs is more about his feelings than they are about the reality of what we did last year into the beginnings of this one? You two are the ones that make the leap that I somehow brought his personal life into it...I didn't...reread it...although I don't think it'll do much good...

You'd made the same argument that @KoB2011 did...that 2nd was nothing and we were closer to 12th...

That always makes me laugh...

You're second post isn't even cogent...You both made an ignorant argument about our finish last year, and I explained why I thought you were wrong...As I said, I'm not going to re-explain it to you..

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't assume anything...You put the baseline (making the tournament) out there, and I said we'd fulfilled it so far...

You know i appreciate you as a poster and an HSN friend. I value your opinion, even if it differs from my because we all like to talk IU basketball.

I think sometimes your need to get in the last word and/or twist things around is a tad frustrating for me. Maybe to some others as it seems feathers have been ruffled. 

On the previous page you rebutted my post, saying we are not similar to Kansas, which is the exactly the fact that was being argued in the first place. So why reply? You were make my point while disagreeing with me. 

And the reply quoted in this post - I only assumed that because you ‘countered’ (your words) my point with the exact point I was making. What are you countering? I said failure was not making the tournament. Did I say Woody wasn’t successful in his first two years? So again, why reply as if you are disagreeing to something we seemingly agree on?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

One of the more humorous unspoken points of the positive vs negative, metrics vs hugs and emotions, Homer vs hater, debates to me…

The negative, hater POV is actually the folks that have the higher opinion of what IU is capable of, and the folks who think all is well are the ones with the lower opinion of what IU, this team, players, and coaches are capable of delivering. 

That is not true at all especially for me because I have seen IU at an elite level.

15 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

You know i appreciate you as a poster and an HSN friend. I value your opinion, even if it differs from my because we all like to talk IU basketball.

I think sometimes your need to get in the last word and/or twist things around is a tad frustrating for me. Maybe to some others as it seems feathers have been ruffled. 

On the previous page you rebutted my post, saying we are not similar to Kansas, which is the exactly the fact that was being argued in the first place. So why reply? You were make my point while disagreeing with me. 

And the reply quoted in this post - I only assumed that because you ‘countered’ (your words) my point with the exact point I was making. What are you countering? I said failure was not making the tournament. Did I say Woody wasn’t successful in his first two years? So again, why reply as if you are disagreeing to something we seemingly agree on?

I only pointed out that Kansas was a much more experienced team that already knows how to win, and their struggles against any mid-major are more difficult to understand than a team and young as ours... That's it... 

No offense was meant... Not looking like a tourney team right now isn't exclusive to Indiana... Look at Maryland... Rutgers (ok, maybe not Rutgers, but when one of their best writers say 15-5 in the Big 10, SOMEONE has big aspirations)...but 

And I'm not including you in this group at all, but if there IS a concern to me about our program it is the way gutless, anonymous posters (some on here) who deride anything our kids do. To me, they're no better than Tim Weaver, the asshole that sent Trayce "the letter."

Making ignorant statements like "we finished as close to 12th as we did to first" to me is nothing more than bullshit snowflakes tearing down the accomplishments of good, hardworking kids who're totally invested in our team. We didn't finish "up to their standards." They need to get over themselves... 

Of course the response you get is "well, it's true."

No it's not. We started badly, fought our way back, beat teams that many thought we wouldn't on THEIR FLOOR, and had an outside chance to tie for the conference title with 2 games to go (and Purdue was playing Illinois and at Wisconsin in those last 2)...

If people can't do anything but deride that rather than appreciate what it took, I don't know what to say... 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I only pointed out that Kansas was a much more experienced team that already knows how to win, and their struggles against any mid-major are more difficult to understand than a team and young as ours... That's it... 

No offense was meant... Not looking like a tourney team right now isn't exclusive to Indiana... Look at Maryland... Rutgers (ok, maybe not Rutgers, but when one of their best writers say 15-5 in the Big 10, SOMEONE has big aspirations)...but 

And I'm not including you in this group at all, but if there IS a concern to me about our program it is the way gutless, anonymous posters (some on here) who deride anything our kids do. To me, they're no better than Tim Weaver, the asshole that sent Trayce "the letter."

Making ignorant statements like "we finished as close to 12th as we did to first" to me is nothing more than bullshit snowflakes tearing down the accomplishments of good, hardworking kids who're totally invested in our team. We didn't finish "up to their standards." They need to get over themselves... 

Of course the response you get is "well, it's true."

No it's not. We started badly, fought our way back, beat teams that many thought we wouldn't on THEIR FLOOR, and had an outside chance to tie for the conference title with 2 games to go (and Purdue was playing Illinois and at Wisconsin in those last 2)...

If people can't do anything but deride that rather than appreciate what it took, I don't know what to say... 

Your concern about the program is that “there are GUTLESS, anonymous posters who deride anything our kids do.” That’s about as comical as it gets. #1. Name the posters if you want to take baseless shots. #2. There isn’t a single person on here that ONLY has negative comments. So stop lying. You like to ignore most comments and address ones that fit your narrative. 

Are we good to act like a child and call other posters names now? Somebody let me know what the rules are please.

”If people can’t do anything but deride that rather than appreciate what it took, I don’t know what to say….”. Again, way off base, but I have an answer for you… don’t say anything! 😉

• Like 3

I am locking this thread. I will get with my fellow mods (thank you @Inequality for the cleanup) and we may reopen after Christmas.

It is absolutely 100% a shame how a small handful of long time, respected posters are absolutely destroying the culture of this board.....just to get the last word and be right.

It both angers and saddens me. 

It's day after day. It's the "watch grown adults in a cat fight" forum instead a forum about our beloved Hoosiers and other topics.

Absolutely ridiculous on all sides. Nobody is the victim here, except the HSN community as a whole.

Locking for now. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2