'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Crime or not, Miller shouldn’t be on the team:

LOL @ BBN being all sanctimonious about players and coaches at other SEC schools who happen to be higher ranked than Kensucky.

I get the message and don't disagree, but I don't see anyone associated with UK having enough moral capital to throw stones at other schools.  Pretty bad when your justification is "...well at least our players haven't brought a gun to a murder scene."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

LOL @ BBN being all sanctimonious about players and coaches at other SEC schools who happen to be higher ranked than Kensucky.

I get the message and don't disagree, but I don't see anyone associated with UK having enough moral capital to throw stones at other schools.  Pretty bad when your justification is "...well at least our players haven't brought a gun to a murder scene."

I mean I dunno, murder is very different than anything Kentucky has done. This looks like it could be murder with some coverup.

AL.com article is pretty damning.

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I mean I dunno, murder is very different than anything Kentucky has done. This looks like it could be murder with some coverup.

AL.com article is pretty damning.

I know what you're saying.  I just don't think UK has much room to call anyone out after points shaving, racism, paying recruits well before it was legal, entrance exam cheating and God knows what else over the years.  Alabama deserves all the scorn they get for literally having players involved in murder.  I just see Kentucky as a poor messenger given all the corruption in their program.  Something like that could have easily happened at UK with the lack of control the school has had over their basketball program.

• Like 3

Re: Miller's draft stock - there is almost no way a team invests a high pick in this kid now. Practically speaking, I don't know how you could have any confidence you aren't getting a guy who ends up in jail for this, but just realistically speaking it would be a PR nightmare to draft him IMO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It will at a minimum really hurt his NBA draft stock, IMO. 

I seriously doubt that it has any effect on his draft status. As long as it doesn’t blow up to the extent it becomes a PR nightmare and he becomes a pariah most teams aren’t going to care. Unless in interviews he comes across as having major character issues 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

I seriously doubt that it has any effect on his draft status. As long as it doesn’t blow up to the extent it becomes a PR nightmare and he becomes a pariah most teams aren’t going to care. Unless in interviews he comes across as having major character issues 

I'll bet he drops completely out of the lottery. JMO, but I wouldn't take a chance at that level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

I mean based on what we learned today it isn’t outside the realm he ends up in jail for this, so we will agree to disagree on it not impacting draft stock. 

• Like 1