'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Wild. It’s like every team in the country can hit a rough patch and lose games they shouldn’t. 

Xavier per CBS:

But it was a rough night for Big East scoring leader Souley Boum and backcourt mate Colby Jones. The two were a combined 4 of 26 from the field and 0 for 8 on 3-pointers, with Boum scoring a season-low four and Jones finishing with eight points.

''They're also the same two guys that allowed us to be the No. 8 team in America,'' coach Sean Miller said. ''You win as a team and you lose as a team. This is the first time since I've coached these guys that I thought we had selfishness throughout our offense.''

In regard to Arkansas and UConn, if those two teams don't right the ship, they may be home in March.  Just like Indiana. Just because you win November and December, doesn't mean you deserve recognition come tournament time.

Our focus needs to be on the teams that are playing well right now.  That's who is important.  I said the in another thread.  It's more likely we see UNC and/or UK in the Final Four than any Big Ten team.  Before the Purdue fans that like to hang out here have a stroke, even you should recognize an all-freshman backcourt is not a recipe for tournament success.    

• Like 1

11 ranked teams lost on Saturday alone. 9 of those were on the road. I think many people need to start realizing how balanced the country is. There isn't any difference between #15 and #40. The rankings skew people's opinions. 

Arkansas is a very good basketball team when healthy, as are we. You lose even a little bit, and it can go along way. Arkansas minus two starters simply isn't better than the teams they're playing right now. Same with us. 

Those two Ark dudes combine for 25p 8r 3a per game. Hard to replace

• Like 3