'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

So, yesterday was a bit of a massacre for the bottom half of the top 25:

#14 Iowa St - L to Kansas

#15 Arkansas - L to Vanderbilt

#16 Miami - L to FSU

#19 Providence - L to NC State

#20 Missouri - L to Florida

#23 SD State - L to New Mexico

#24 Duke - L to Clemson

Not sure how this will affect IU's rankings tomorrow -- and not that I buy into them, but the team seems to play harder when they aren't ranked and have the proverbial chip on their shoulder.

You forgot #18 Wisky. I figured they’d drop out of the rankings, but probably not with all those other losses

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You forgot #18 Wisky. I figured they’d drop out of the rankings, but probably not with all those other losses

If they do, then Purdue would be the only ranked Big Ten team. Not sure the league has ever had just one ranked team before. 

Can't wait to see Duke at #25 tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

If they do, then Purdue would be the only ranked Big Ten team. Not sure the league has ever had just one ranked team before. 

Can't wait to see Duke at #25 tomorrow. 

Decent chance that IU gets back in somewhere between 20-25 though with all those losses yesterday.

4 hours ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Halfway through and there is an indiana kid leading the country in 3pt percentage 96D3F310-264F-4B48-B3C3-7002A5CA2605.thumb.png.b7f2976b47e92c18a8e434b26050ed80.pngF4316FCA-9C2D-48E9-BC7E-E3D0A79E99CB.thumb.png.068709cd0bb25150d90d1bc3afbd5781.png

The top 3 players on Luke Brown's Stetson team are from Indiana.  Leading scorer is Jalen  Blackmon.

Luke Brown also shooting free throws at almost 93%.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/stetson/2023.html

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

A lot of those noisy UConn fans that were pissed they weren’t number 1 will quiet down a bit I’m guessing lol. 

UConn, just like 'Zona, has some issues with their starting personnel.  Seems some on both teams prefer "hero" ball to team ball.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I wish I understood what goes on between the ears of a young man like that who has literally just thrown his life away over what was described as a minor disagreement. What in the.....?

Sad on so many levels. Does anyone help these kids with life skills or do they just focus on their athletic skills. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Sad on so many levels. Does anyone help these kids with life skills or do they just focus on their athletic skills. 

At the very least, I would create a documentary of all the Bud Mackeys and other trainwrecks of college athletics and make it a required class for all incoming freshmen.  Dissect every sad story on what went wrong and where they are now.  Contrast that with a success story documentary.  How kids overcame the odds and became ambassadors and huge success stories.  Create a 2-3 hour class for six weeks in the summer and ask them all at the end which path they want to take.  Success or disaster is almost entirely under their control.  Make them understand that and eliminate tragic stories like this one.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Lurker said:

I don't remember people doubting that he could shoot.

True even the people who really didn’t like him were fair about that I think the main knock was he could shoot against small high schools but he wouldn’t be able to against D1 defense and the ASUN isn’t a power conference but they’ve played Florida state Florida ucf and south Florida on top of their conference so I also wouldn’t say it’s been a cake walk 

18 hours ago, Madison22 said:

The top 3 players on Luke Brown's Stetson team are from Indiana.  Leading scorer is Jalen  Blackmon.

Luke Brown also shooting free throws at almost 93%.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/stetson/2023.html

Makes them very fun to watch …Blackmon was shooting really poorly to start the season but has picked it up big time in the last 5 games and josh smith is a double double machine …you might see them in the NCAA tourney this year or next …they almost got Pete suder from Carmel too who ended up at bellarmine ……I went through all the qualified shooters who are 40% from three and only two players in the country are shooting 50/40/90, luke brown is the only one shooting 50/50/90

• Like 1