'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

5 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

FAU is getting whipped by a Memphis team that SMU ran out of the gym last weekend. Dusty May being outcoached by Penny Hardaway is not a great look for him.

Conference game on the road and they're down 6 with 2 minutes left, and that's with a horrible non-call that just happened that would have put Davis on the foul line. 

32 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Conference game on the road and they're down 6 with 2 minutes left, and that's with a horrible non-call that just happened that would have put Davis on the foul line. 

Yeah, they got it close towards the end. Memphis had the game in hand. But they do have Hardaway coaching so I should have expected it to get close.

The energy that ESPN has given "courtstorming" the past 3 days is next to absurd. We've stormed the court for a while now and one kid gets his kneed bumped and it's an issue? lol 

I'd argue the proximity fans/cameramen and others have to players DURING the game is more of an issue than the possibility of a courtstorming. 

Hell at IU they can't even sit at the scorers table without being ON the court. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The energy that ESPN has given "courtstorming" the past 3 days is next to absurd. We've stormed the court for a while now and one kid gets his kneed bumped and it's an issue? lol 

I'd argue the proximity fans/cameramen and others have to players DURING the game is more of an issue than the possibility of a courtstorming. 

I just watched the duke video.  I wish they talked about how the duke player pushed the kid first, and that kid fell to the floor.  The Clark (iowa) video is nuts too....clark clearly could have avoided that but pushed that fan.  Maybe the outrage should be from the fans, since they are the ones getting pushed first!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree.  That kid that got his knee "bumped" also kind of stuck his leg out to trip that fan from my angle of view. 

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It is rich. ESPN who highlighted court storming ads for decades, making it the ad for March Madness now wants to pull it back because it happened to Duke.

PS....ESPN. Can you check the footage of Duke vs Clemson this past year in football?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

It is rich. ESPN who highlighted court storming ads for decades, making it the ad for March Madness now wants to pull it back because it happened to Duke.

PS....ESPN. Can you check the footage of Duke vs Clemson this past year in football?

ESPN lOVEDDDDD the Watshot

• Like 1

Wake beats Duke and of course follows that up with a loss to a bad Notre Dame team. Besides UConn and Houston....the level of consistency in hoops is at an all time low. You would think by the 28th of February teams would be ramping up and getting into last month mode. Yet it's still you don't know what you have each night.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This Tennessee-Auburn game is great. So depressing watching Dalton Knecht. Dude is an absolute stud. 

Definitely a stud. How early will he go? Top 3? Watching those games compared to Big 10 games are much more enjoyable, even if they don’t play much defense.

5 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Definitely a stud. How early will he go? Top 3? Watching those games compared to Big 10 games are much more enjoyable, even if they don’t play much defense.

I'm not a huge mock draft guy, but tue few I've seen he's more like mid-to-late teens. 

I'm pretty sure Auburn is like a top 10 defense. 

• Like 1

So like many of us we have other programs we either support, cheer for or follow. I get a lot of crossover Canes stuff on my timeline. Coming off a F4 and E8....I'd say it's 50/50 in wanting Jim Larranaga fired. Just times we live in I guess.

18 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

So like many of us we have other programs we either support, cheer for or follow. I get a lot of crossover Canes stuff on my timeline. Coming off a F4 and E8....I'd say it's 50/50 in wanting Jim Larranaga fired. Just times we live in I guess.

This is why I'd previously been okay with a fourth year for Mike Woodson. When you dispassionately view the response of other fan bases have to one bad season, it makes our own look far less reasonable. Every program and coach has ups and downs; falling back some after a Final Four is entirely expected. What matters is how you plan to get back on track.

Larranaga is 74, and that definitely complicates things a bit. But their recruiting class has the 7, 52 and 137 ranked prep recruits coming in. Guards and wings. That's a nice mix of instant impact, sweet spot multi year guy, and upperclassman contributor. Exactly what I'd want in every class. That's how you make a case for things getter better soon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

VCU at Dayton. Modern basketball: Game tied at 80 under a minute. Dayton had a four ion one break and drilled a corner three to go up three. 

They play fast and are athletic and always attacking and unafraid to shoot the ball…3 or not.  They’re fun to watch.

Edited by jv1972iu