'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think some NBA team will take a chance on him. Not saying he’s a first rounder but I could see him getting a similar deal like TJD. Just takes the right team and situation like @Common Sensesaid. 

I think Edey is an outstanding college player.  I think he takes Purdue to a final 4 or better this year.  However, I watch a lot of NBA basketball.   He has no chance in the NBA.   Too many high pick and rolls and way too much up and down the floor.   It's an entire different world. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think some NBA team will take a chance on him. Not saying he’s a first rounder but I could see him getting a similar deal like TJD. Just takes the right team and situation like @Common Sensesaid. 

This is not a slam on Edey. He seems like a nice young man, but his game doesn’t translate to the NBA. He could go late second round, but doubtful. Wish him the best though. He’s a good college player and has represented Purdue well.

3 hours ago, JJack said:

I think Edey is an outstanding college player.  I think he takes Purdue to a final 4 or better this year.  However, I watch a lot of NBA basketball.   He has no chance in the NBA.   Too many high pick and rolls and way too much up and down the floor.   It's an entire different world. 

If a guy like Boban can play in the league then Edey def can. Don’t think Edey will be a star but think he can stick around for awhile. 

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yeah, that didn’t hold up well, but they’ll still be good. Alexander came in averaging 18+ on 52% shooting. He was 1-16 today. Scheierman came in averaging 19+ on 55% shooting. He was 4-17. Don’t expect their shooting today to be a pattern. 

I don't either, and I also expect Colorado State to be in the top 25 next week... They're pretty tough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Does Painter seek these guys out?  Not Many 7+ footers out there that can ball. 

Have you heard the running joke that Painter goes to all random countries around the world looking for 7 footers? Lol. But this newest guy is playing at a prep academy and a lot of folks thought he’d end up at Wisky (grew up close to Madison). Will need time to bulk up though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Have you heard the running joke that Painter goes to all random countries around the world looking for 7 footers? Lol. But this newest guy is playing at a prep academy and a lot of folks thought he’d end up at Wisky (grew up close to Madison). Will need time to bulk up though. 

I have not. But it seems Painter ends up with a deciduous tree every year to bogard the paint, and not get called for 3 second violations.