'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

11 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Relatively new coach? Shaka Smart has been in the college game since 1999 and a head coach since 2009. Woodson has coached 2 years in college. not comparable. 

I meant new coach in that new for the program.
I don’t think you meant it this way…but maybe you did… you sound like Shaka would’ve been a good coaching candidate for us….kind of like we settled on Woodson since he has no coaching experience and he’s already up there in age. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I meant new coach in that new for the program.
I don’t think you meant it this way…but maybe you did… you sound like Shaka would’ve been a good coaching candidate for us….kind of like we settled on Woodson since he has no coaching experience and he’s already up there in age. 

I don't have ANY answers. I do remember wanting Shaka over Archie. I don't think i would have taken him after his Texas stint. Seems like Shaka like playing the underdog, not the top dog.

I think Woodson is what we need now. In the span of two years IU is back on the map in terms of recruiting. The X's and O's seem to be a little off (currently). The last two years they seemed to have been corrected towards the end of the season. I am not trying to put Woodson on a pedestal, but golly he definitely doesn't deserve some of the ish I am seeing. Already talks of being fired!? Outrageous. 

Woodson was thrown into a different realm 2 years ago. My point was that every other college coach has been around the game for a while prior to being a head coach. Even Musselman, after the NBA,  had like 3 years as an assistant. Then 4 or 5 years as head coach at Nevada. 

College is different than the NBA. There is a bit of an adjustment period. Style of play, roster building, everything is different. 

It's about adjusting to the issues. We see issues, Woodson adjusts. Probably because he comes to the board and takes the plethora of information he learns here and implements it into his coaching (TIC).

The issue I had with Archie was there were glaring issues and they were not addressed. didn't change his tactics one bit. We don't seem to have that issue currently

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Which isn't what you said. 

Also, he was projected to be drafted due to having athleticism and skills (other than shooting). Edey? Not so much. Can't really compare the two. It made sense for TJD to go pro but doesn't for Edey.

I say let him go. The less prodding bigs in the league the better. Maybe that will get our conference closer to modern basketball…

13 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Which isn't what you said. 

Also, he was projected to be drafted due to having athleticism and skills (other than shooting). Edey? Not so much. Can't really compare the two. It made sense for TJD to go pro but doesn't for Edey.

I never said anything about next year. My reply was to the guy saying that Edey will come back next year because of his draft status. I said TJD could have done the same thing but didn't use the extra year

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I never said anything about next year. My reply was to the guy saying that Edey will come back next year because of his draft status. I said TJD could have done the same thing but didn't use the extra year

No, what you said was that TJD could also come back next year. That may not be what you meant but it's what you said.

I also showed that TJD's situation was not like Edey's so just because TJD didn't use his COVID year can't be used to predict whether or not Edey will. Very different situations. 

2 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

No, what you said was that TJD could also come back next year. That may not be what you meant but it's what you said.

I also showed that TJD's situation was not like Edey's so just because TJD didn't use his COVID year can't be used to predict whether or not Edey will. Very different situations. 

No I did not say that at all but say whatever you want. I said he was on the same situation as Edey with a 5th if he wanted to.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Probably what you meant, but not what you said. You said; "so could TJD". as I recall without searching.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Watching a lot of these games and our style is no way near what most others team does. It is obvious we need a lot better guards who can attack the rim and can actually shoot from outside.

IU is  356 of 362 teams in shot attempts per game at 49.4. We are behind plodding VA. Rhode Island is 304. 
IA averages 68 attempts, MI 65, IL 62.