'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Will throw this in here because it will get the most eyes. Both Iowa and Iowa St sounds like they've got some guys gambling. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/37568592/gaming-commission-investigating-iowa-possible-ncaa-violation

I will say this. Kids get tens of thousands of $ thrown at them via NIL deals and have gambling on their phones a click away we'd be foolish to think it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Will throw this in here because it will get the most eyes. Both Iowa and Iowa St sounds like they've got some guys gambling. 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/37568592/gaming-commission-investigating-iowa-possible-ncaa-violation

I will say this. Kids get tens of thousands of $ thrown at them via NIL deals and have gambling on their phones a click away we'd be foolish to think it doesn't happen.

I'd show kids the stories of Art Schlichter and Pete Rose before the first practice every year... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My nephews (college) complain about bad beats…..then I hear it’s a $10 bet 

add gambling to the list of reasons I’m glad cell phones didn’t exist while I was in college 

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Huggins sounds like he's in the bag...

At first, I thought it was the real F word he said...

He would have been better off if it had been

If Huggy is gone does that mean Kerr Kriisa re-enters the portal?

4 hours ago, rico said:

If Huggy is gone does that mean Kerr Kriisa re-enters the portal?

Clock ticking on portal...at least to enter. I think the apology was pretty heartfelt and we just move along. With that said WVU has 48 hours to make the call. At the very least they don't want to look like they delayed their decision until after the portal closes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Huggins 😆😆 ...and I'm Catholic. Man I hope he doesn't get fired lol

I actually don't either.  Wasn't wise using locker room talk on the radio, but in the grand scheme, it seems like a pretty small infraction.  I'm sure most of us have said that and worse but not on a hot mic.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I actually don't either.  Wasn't wise using locker room talk on the radio, but in the grand scheme, it seems like a pretty small infraction.  I'm sure most of us have said that and worse but not on a hot mic.

How soon we forget about Thom Brenneman.  He got fired for the same exact word.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

How soon we forget about Thom Brenneman.  He got fired for the same exact word.

We tend to overreact to "words".  See below for my sentiments as well.

35 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't forget. I'm just tired of policing words. 

I'm with you.  If we all were on a hot mic 24/7, none of us would survive that kind of scrutiny.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

We tend to overreact to "words".  See below for my sentiments as well.

I'm with you.  If we all were on a hot mic 24/7, none of us would survive that kind of scrutiny.

55 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't forget. I'm just tired of policing words. 

Ironically...Thom and Huggins are friends.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

It’s hilarious. A salary reduction solves what? Makes a super rich guy just a tinge less rich? Like you said, at least he didn’t get fired. Woke 🤡!

You're right on the last part, undoubtedly. I am bothered by the arbitrary determination of what words we're allowed to use and what ones we aren't... .and by who decides that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You're right on the last part, undoubtedly. I am bothered by the arbitrary determination of what words we're allowed to use and what ones we aren't... .and by who decides that. 

It’s horrible if peoples from around the world get offendedby by their alternative lifestyle, but mandatory for them to be offended when people get tired of them shoving their lifestyles down everyone’s throat.

• Like 2