'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I never said that...I think there are plenty of other things Coach Knight did that point to his integrity...Of course, his battle with the media kept a lot of that from being known...

@btownqbquestioned his integrity over the Neil Reed incident...He used the word "choked" but I don't see it that way. Did he injure Reed? No. Did he try to injure Reed? Obviously not. Was it appropriate? Not in today's world I guess. 

You know, between playing sports growing up and my tenure in the military, I saw and experienced far worse "inappropriate touching" than what Knight did to Reed. My own personal opinion is, that Reed simply discovered he wasn't as ready for "tough love" as he thought he was. No sin in that. We have legions of people who join the military and find out it's not what they believed it to be. No sin in that either...

If you asked Mike Woodson if he thought Coach Knight was a man of integrity, what do you think he would say? Quinn Buckner? Scott May? Calbert Cheaney?  Probably the vast majority of players he coached would tell you that he tried to do the right things. Even John Feinstein in "A Season on the Brink" cited many of the good deeds RMK did beyond just "following the rules." 

I also understand and acknowledge the flaws in RMK, just as @5foulsdid...Always have...But to me, there was a helluva lot more good than bad...

That, my friend, is known as a joke...I like to humor myself sometimes...

I am home today and just got done watching The Trip about the 85 trip to Europe and Japan.  If you have watched that you would see the other side of Coach Knight.  All of those players still love him to this day and respected him.  Hillman said that RMK told them in their 4 years here he is not going to be your friend and will push you to be the best that you can be. After your 4 years I will be your friend and Hillman days that he can call coach and he will do anything for you.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

I am home today and just got done watching The Trip about the 85 trip to Europe and Japan.  If you have watched that you would see the other side of Coach Knight.  All of those players still love him to this day and rezoectef him.  Hillman said that RMK told them in their 4 years here he is not going to be your friend and will push you to be the best that you can be. After your 4 years I will be your friend and Hillman days that he can call coach and he will do anything for you.

I saw that a few months back...Very good watch...

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am home today and just got done watching The Trip about the 85 trip to Europe and Japan.  If you have watched that you would see the other side of Coach Knight.  All of those players still love him to this day and respected him.  Hillman said that RMK told them in their 4 years here he is not going to be your friend and will push you to be the best that you can be. After your 4 years I will be your friend and Hillman days that he can call coach and he will do anything for you.

Didn't they go to China too?  I remember seeing a show and they went to the great wall. Probably this one you watched was the one I saw. 

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I remember the 1960 movie ‘where the boys are’ and I think it was the basketball coach showed up unexpectedly in Ft Lauderdale and started talking about running on the beach to build calf muscles.😂

For football conditioning we did crossover footwork drills in the long jump sand pit.  My ankles are dead now and I blame that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Houston with a nice bounce back win. Winning convincingly on the road at UVA. That’s what great teams do….very tough minded team. Well coached. 

And they were down early. Believe it was 7-0 and 12-3, but while watching I never doubted Houston had that leadership and mental toughness to come back.