2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It'll continue to be the ACC or it'll be the B1G. There aren't really any other viable options for them. 

While I agree wholeheartedly, look around. I mean ND has far more football pull than Oregon State and Washington State combined. Who’s to say ND doesn’t stand up in town square and announce ’Hear yeah, hear yeah’ and build their own conference?

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

While I agree wholeheartedly, look around. I mean ND has far more football pull than Oregon State and Washington State combined. Who’s to say ND doesn’t stand up in town square and announce ’Hear yeah, hear yeah’ and build their own conference?

The problem that they've got with joining or creating their own conference has more to do with their other sports and not so much football. I get that's what everyone thinks about but there's a lot more to it than that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It'll continue to be the ACC or it'll be the B1G. There aren't really any other viable options for them. 

I'd think any other option beside the ACC or being an independent in basketball too would entail the football program committing to a conference...I'm pretty sure the Big 10 isn't going for basketball only...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd think any other option beside the ACC or being an independent in basketball too would entail the football program committing to a conference...I'm pretty sure the Big 10 isn't going for basketball only...

I’m one of those people everyone hates (blame my dad) Notre dame football fan and IU basketball fan (more diehard by far though). Notre Dame is only going to join a conference once their demands are met. Their new AD is a former NBC executive so they aren’t getting rid of NBC for as long as he is AD. To me the ACC is the weaker of the two conferences in football but a lot of other sports they are very very equal. Their best chance is to stay with ACC unless money talks…….

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. I always worry about Kansas so for him to cancel is awesome. Missouri while some say nothing to worry about they have an advantage in NIL because they can pay high school kids while they are still in high school so glad he cancelled that. To me Woodson has a leg up on developing one and dones more recently than Izzo where Izzo is much better at the 4 year development guys. I think with the relationships IU has built with JH plus ability to get JHS to the league unexpectedly plus NIL we win out here. 🤞 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Well that's the thing right now is that they are in the ACC in everything except football. Even with that they basically are an ACC team for most things except they don't play for the conference title and they don't share revenue. That said if they ever join a conference in every sport including football it will be the ACC or the B1G. 

30 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Well that's the thing right now is that they are in the ACC in everything except football. Even with that they basically are an ACC team for most things except they don't play for the conference title and they don't share revenue. That said if they ever join a conference in every sport including football it will be the ACC or the B1G. 

They'd be taking a steep pay cut to play football in the ACC tight now the way the TV contract is structured, and if Clemson and Florida State leave, it's going to hobble the ACC in negotiating. I believe it when y'all say football drives the bus...The Big 10 makes so much sense in a lot of ways, but until NBC drops the exclusive payday for them, there's not a financial incentive to go

13 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Unless something drastically happens overnight, he'd be playing in the ACC. Haralson would be long gone before the ACC folds in the event he chooses Notre Dame. 

Drastic and conference realignment have been going together for a while :) 

This doesn't speak well about Irish basketball attendance...

"An arctic-like Notre Dame fan base. After averaging 7,283 fans in 2021-22, then 6,118 in 2022-23, Notre Dame ranks 13th in the 15-team ACC for average home attendance (6,020), ahead of only Boston College (5,357) and Georgia Tech (4,929). Notre Dame has played 36 straight home games since its last sellout. Since drawing a season-high 8,066 for the Duke game on Jan. 6, Notre Dame has not had at least 8,000 fans in any of its last six home games. The last two – Wake Forest and Georgia Tech – had fewer than 5,000 fans. Since the start of the 2021-22 season, Notre Dame has drawn 7,000 or fewer fans for 32 of its last 50 home games."

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

This doesn't speak well about Irish basketball attendance...

"An arctic-like Notre Dame fan base. After averaging 7,283 fans in 2021-22, then 6,118 in 2022-23, Notre Dame ranks 13th in the 15-team ACC for average home attendance (6,020), ahead of only Boston College (5,357) and Georgia Tech (4,929). Notre Dame has played 36 straight home games since its last sellout. Since drawing a season-high 8,066 for the Duke game on Jan. 6, Notre Dame has not had at least 8,000 fans in any of its last six home games. The last two – Wake Forest and Georgia Tech – had fewer than 5,000 fans. Since the start of the 2021-22 season, Notre Dame has drawn 7,000 or fewer fans for 32 of its last 50 home games."

Because they’re in Assembly Hall instead lol. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Because they’re in Assembly Hall instead lol. 

48 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Reversible jacket fans of course. 

I thought it was clever, and got a laugh from me. We're so used to the reversible jacket thing being a barb for Indiana Football, when of course there are two sides to that coin... er, jacket.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Doesn’t impact me in the slightest and had nothing to do with Purdue. Just saying that’s probably a valid reason why ND basketball attendance isn’t good.  

Seems Saturday got to you a little bit...Maybe lay down on the sofa with a cold compress on your forehead or something 

6 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m one of those people everyone hates (blame my dad) Notre dame football fan and IU basketball fan (more diehard by far though). Notre Dame is only going to join a conference once their demands are met. Their new AD is a former NBC executive so they aren’t getting rid of NBC for as long as he is AD. To me the ACC is the weaker of the two conferences in football but a lot of other sports they are very very equal. Their best chance is to stay with ACC unless money talks…….

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. I always worry about Kansas so for him to cancel is awesome. Missouri while some say nothing to worry about they have an advantage in NIL because they can pay high school kids while they are still in high school so glad he cancelled that. To me Woodson has a leg up on developing one and dones more recently than Izzo where Izzo is much better at the 4 year development guys. I think with the relationships IU has built with JH plus ability to get JHS to the league unexpectedly plus NIL we win out here. 🤞 

ND doesn't want to join a conference, especially the B1G, because they don't want to have to play a real schedule.  By remaining independent they can continue to schedule a bunch of bottom feeders like Purdue, N IL, etc and a lot of good but not great teams in the 15-50 range without playing the big boys and therefore gimmick their way into the playoffs.  They don't want O$U, UM, PSU, etc every year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

ND doesn't want to join a conference, especially the B1G, because they don't want to have to play a real schedule.  By remaining independent they can continue to schedule a bunch of bottom feeders like Purdue, N IL, etc and a lot of good but not great teams in the 15-50 range without playing the big boys and therefore gimmick their way into the playoffs.  They don't want O$U, UM, PSU, etc every year.

Where you been!?

22 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I don't get why Izzo is still appealing to top kids. Especially Indiana kids. I'm sick of that A-Hole continuing to do his shopping in Indiana. We should go up to Southern Michigan and offer stupid NIL deals to the recruits up there. I am sick of Tom Izzo. I can't wait till that jerk retires.

Well, I think we know where you stand.   😂

So just a fun little hypothetical to think about. IF Haralson had never left Anderson and stayed there he and Mullins would be in the same sectional. Anderson would also likely be top 5 in the state with a shot at being the top team in the state this year.