2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

Just now, dgambill said:

Might go back to where Freshman didn’t play varsity in some ways. They can redshirt and grow for a year. However I do think some stabilizing will occur. With almost all the Covid kids gone there should be less older guys standing in the way of these young players entering the portal and they should be incentivized to stick around…the log jam is about to clear up!

Yep. The portal is not going to be nearly as reliable as it has been. There will still be plenty of people entering but it will continue to go back to supply and demand. The safest bet will be to try and get at least 1/2 your expected needs via HS and then fill the rest or swing for the fences in the portal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Yep. The portal is not going to be nearly as reliable as it has been. There will still be plenty of people entering but it will continue to go back to supply and demand. The safest bet will be to try and get at least 1/2 your expected needs via HS and then fill the rest or swing for the fences in the portal. 

There is a reason the NBA doesn’t recruit high school!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Might go back to where Freshman didn’t play varsity in some ways. They can redshirt and grow for a year. However I do think some stabilizing will occur. With almost all the Covid kids gone there should be less older guys standing in the way of these young players entering the portal and they should be incentivized to stick around…the log jam is about to clear up!

Unless Seth Towns applies for a 9th year

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Imo I want those 25-50 ranked guys and sure you can sprinkle in a 5* one and done…but I want the meat of my roster returning guys with a couple portal studs.

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If he's considering Notre Dame, his first question should be what conference are they going to be playing in when he gets there?

It'll continue to be the ACC or it'll be the B1G. There aren't really any other viable options for them.