2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

6 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

Did they say he was a lock to Indiana? 😁

No, just that the visit went very well. As of now he still plans to take visits. Things could get a little nervous if he makes it to Kansas. Just the typical thought that Bill Self can cause problems for most schools.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Busy week with Mullins in home as well. Makes sense to reinforce what the kid/family just saw in person.

Yep. They’re visiting Mullins and Haralson on Wednesday and then Sisley on Thursday. I think they’re sending a pretty good message to those three right away. 

• Like 6

On 9/2/2024 at 3:20 PM, DC2345 said:

Yep. They’re visiting Mullins and Haralson on Wednesday and then Sisley on Thursday. I think they’re sending a pretty good message to those three right away. 

As much as I’d like to get all three of these guys, the good news is that in today’s world of the transfer portal, a program doesn’t live or die on the decisions of HS recruits anymore.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

As much as I’d like to get all three of these guys, the good news is that in today’s world of the transfer portal, a program doesn’t live or die on the decisions of HS recruits anymore.

I fully believe that living off the portal to fill 5-10 scholarships in an offseason is going to be a problem for people that believe that. Especially with the increase to 15 scholarships. Teams will need 3-5 HS kids a class depending on how many kids they're losing. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I fully believe that living off the portal to fill 5-10 scholarships in an offseason is going to be a problem for people that believe that. Especially with the increase to 15 scholarships. Teams will need 3-5 HS kids a class depending on how many kids they're losing. 

I agree, but my point was that getting certain HS kids isnt the be-all end-all that it used to be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Might go back to where Freshman didn’t play varsity in some ways. They can redshirt and grow for a year. However I do think some stabilizing will occur. With almost all the Covid kids gone there should be less older guys standing in the way of these young players entering the portal and they should be incentivized to stick around…the log jam is about to clear up!