2025 PG Jalen Haralson

NotIThatLives

On 7/5/2024 at 5:13 PM, 5 championships said:

No doubt! Wonder how good of a shot we actually have 

Has lined up 3 official visits so far; Indiana, Michigan State, and Notre Dame. If it comes down to those 3, I like our chances a lot. Recently put out a final 9 that included Duke and Kansas. Those are the two I’d be worried about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

How many schools does the dude need??  🤷‍♂️

seems late for a 25 kid. but hey its recruiting 18 year olds. i wouldnt care if we never recruited another high school kid ever.

• Like 1

Recruiting high level high school kids is always going to involve drama. We need to land a few of them, but they have to have the right mindset and not come in entitled. For now, I think the transfer portal is our friend. And I hate the portal.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Recruiting high level high school kids is always going to involve drama. We need to land a few of them, but they have to have the right mindset and not come in entitled. For now, I think the transfer portal is our friend. And I hate the portal.

I still think you should build your roster with high school recruits and fill in the roster in the portal 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I still think you should build your roster with high school recruits and fill in the roster in the portal 

In the perfect world, I couldn't agree with you more.  But we are now in a world where high school kids are an unknown and will likely take some time to develop. MM is a perfect example. Highly rated out of high school but not really ready to contribute at the beginning of the season. A second year portal kid is a much safer choice to fill a roster spot. I loved the old days when you could watch kids grow over a four year career. Those are gone and never coming back. Welcome to the new world order.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cthomas said:

In the perfect world, I couldn't agree with you more.  But we are now in a world where high school kids are an unknown and will likely take some time to develop. MM is a perfect example. Highly rated out of high school but not really ready to contribute at the beginning of the season. A second year portal kid is a much safer choice to fill a roster spot. I loved the old days when you could watch kids grow over a four year career. Those are gone and never coming back. Welcome to the new world order.

There is a reason one and done isn’t going away. The NBA doesn’t want to recruit high school kids! It’s unfortunate but TJD may be one of the last of his kind where we got to watch a very talented player develop for four years!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

There is a reason one and done isn’t going away. The NBA doesn’t want to recruit high school kids! It’s unfortunate but TJD may be one of the last of his kind where we got to watch a very talented player develop for four years!

Nah. Seems like this kid is a likely one and done, but the other 3 guys we're hard after seem like multi-year kids. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...