2025 PG Jalen Haralson Commits to Notre Dame

NotIThatLives

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That was secondary, but if you want to stay close to home, ND would be the ACC option.

"Obviously the main thing, the thing that stuck out to me is those guys can shoot, and that's something that I thrive well around," Haralson said. "That's something I have here at La Lumiere, and that's something that I really want to be a part of. Coach Shrews, he was Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum's shooting coach, and that's something that I feel like I need to take the next step in my game. So I trust him to help get me there."

"Also the ACC, it's a big-time conference, and I feel like it's the conference that will probably translate the most to the NBA," Haralson said. "So overall, it was a good decision."

Even if just the 2nd most important thing, it's an odd choice of 3 finalists if you don't like the big ten.

Fortunately if all else fails we can now buy ourselves a player in the portal.

9 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I hate that cheer too. Unless we’re playing IU. 

Sounds especially dumb when ND is beating you 35-0 in the 2nd quarter. 

I can see doing the cheer when playing IU or someone saying IU sucks to rile up the crowd, but to make it part of a cheer for every game regardless of opponent just reeks of little brother syndrome.

And doing the cheer in the midst of getting their butts handed to them will just make people laugh at PU all the more.

Edited by HurryinHoosiers
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

I can see doing the cheer when playing IU or someone saying IU sucks to rile up the crowd, but to make it part of a cheer for every game regardless of opponent just reeks of little brother syndrome.

And doing the cheer in the midst of getting their butts handed to them will just make people laugh at PU all the more.

Honestly I wish they’d get rid of it at football games.  It’s the only sporting event they do it at. 

9 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not sure if this was already posted somewhere, but I think it's worth repeating regardless. Barrel Rick on BTT who claims to be related to Mullins, believe what you will, has been spot on since this post in July. image.thumb.png.1dca47a7d3ef31901ad57249573800f5.png

He’s been spot on the entire recruitment. Looking back it’s obvious that he is in fact a Mullins and it honestly might’ve been Josh 

38 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Mullins + Sisley I'd be good with.  Add in another freshman commit and then likely 3 transfers minimum. 

41 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I can live with Mullins and Sisley and then look for a big.  We are still going to have some pretty good players going into 25/26.

There’s another 1 or 2 2025’s that IU is till in the mix for besides Mullins.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There’s another 1 or 2 2025’s that IU is till in the mix for besides Mullins.

Oh I know, I just don't think the Freshman recruiting is as big of a must as it has been in the past.  I think you want to continue to cultivate those pipelines but we aren't Notre Dame right now.  We can actually walk into the portal and throw money around to supplement recruiting misses.  He can't do that to our level.  Only a handful of schools truly can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Oh I know, I just don't think the Freshman recruiting is as big of a must as it has been in the past.  I think you want to continue to cultivate those pipelines but we aren't Notre Dame right now.  We can actually walk into the portal and throw money around to supplement recruiting misses.  He can't do that to our level.  Only a handful of schools truly can.

I don’t think that’s sustainable. You’ve got to add 2-3 freshman every year imo. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I would agree with this. The HS kids you want are the 3-4 year Sisley's. If we miss on the 1 and done Jalen's of the world, we can go get a proven guy from the portal with just as many years and have some reliance on the product.

Dont get me wrong. I would have taken Jalen in a heartbeat, and been ecstatic,  but it isnt a huge miss in terms of not being able to "recover" from the portal. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 

• Like 2