2025 PG Jalen Haralson Commits to Notre Dame

NotIThatLives

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All day long. This isn't the era where losing Eric Gordon would set a program back for 1-2 years like Bubbles did. It's a loss but oh well. Guys coming back or hit the portal or oh by the way Brown is saying hell yes IU.

Mullins is the one I’ll truly be sad over if we don’t get! He’s everything I think of when growing up watching IU basketball.

• Like 2

IU will be fine. I'm fine with Haralson's decision because I'm a fan of basketball in the state and personally I like it better when IU, Butler, ND, and that other school are all good. However I did think the whole ACC prepares players for the NBA better comment was funny to me. That narrative is because over the last several years the ACC has had the most players from their conference but it's only because they've been carried by Duke and UNC because of the players that Coach K and Coach Williams produced.  

• Like 6

I had figured on it being Notre Dame once I read Haralson's quote on Shrews. Indiana can do everything right in a recruitment - as evidenced by being second for a five-star prospect who could go anywhere - but there's no counter for those personal relationships. Losing out here doesn't say anything bad to me about Woodson or Indiana. Notre Dame just won this one. I tip my hat.

Still have several great prep prospects on the board. Still have some great players on the roster with eligibility. And still have the portal season if any of those guys leave. Haralson would have been great to get, but I shrug and move on. What's next?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I had figured on it being Notre Dame once I read Haralson's quote on Shrews. Indiana can do everything right in a recruitment - as evidenced by being second for a five-star prospect who could go anywhere - but there's no counter for those personal relationships. Losing out here doesn't say anything bad to me about Woodson or Indiana. Notre Dame just won this one. I tip my hat.

Still have several great prep prospects on the board. Still have some great players on the roster with eligibility. And still have the portal season if any of those guys leave. Haralson would have been great to get, but I shrug and move on. What's next?

I agree and as for what's next it's Mullins. That's what's next

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

Good to see everyone is alive and well, all bridges were avoided last night. I purposely did not come to the board last night because I was afraid of what I’d see lol 

on the recruitment, seeing as how my glasses are always crimson colored, I don’t personally understand it. I would have given limbs to play for Indiana, having grown up here and watched my whole life, but that’s the difference between now and then. 

we will be fine, and just like unc has a backup for Mullins, I’m sure woody had a plan in place for this miss. He must be pisssssssed though. The time, energy, and money invested in this recruitment is what probably hurts the most. I’m just glad we won’t have to play him and he’s not in the conference. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

IU will be fine. I'm fine with Haralson's decision because I'm a fan of basketball in the state and personally I like it better when IU, Butler, ND, and that other school are all good. However I did think the whole ACC prepares players for the NBA better comment was funny to me. That narrative is because over the last several years the ACC has had the most players from their conference but it's only because they've been carried by Duke and UNC because of the players that Coach K and Coach Williams produced recruited.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Don't know if the ACC prepares them more, but I will say that ACC bball is more similar to the current NBA (VA excluded). The B1G looks more like 80s NBA ball. 

Well part of that is because of the refs and the other part is you have teams who naturally play a slowwwwww pace of play and haven’t modernized their offense yet

22 minutes ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

I have a hard time buying that his decision was based on conference when 2 of his 3 finalists were in the big ten.

If conference was that important then none of his finalists should have been in the Big Ten.

Think he was just fishing for a reason that wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

100% agree

28 minutes ago, HurryinHoosiers said:

I have a hard time buying that his decision was based on conference when 2 of his 3 finalists were in the big ten.

If conference was that important then none of his finalists should have been in the Big Ten.

Think he was just fishing for a reason that wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings.

That was secondary, but if you want to stay close to home, ND would be the ACC option.

"Obviously the main thing, the thing that stuck out to me is those guys can shoot, and that's something that I thrive well around," Haralson said. "That's something I have here at La Lumiere, and that's something that I really want to be a part of. Coach Shrews, he was Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum's shooting coach, and that's something that I feel like I need to take the next step in my game. So I trust him to help get me there."

"Also the ACC, it's a big-time conference, and I feel like it's the conference that will probably translate the most to the NBA," Haralson said. "So overall, it was a good decision."

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Sucks to not get Haralson, but good for ND. Will be fun to watch how Coach Shrewsbury does with an influx of talent. Best of luck to them!

Hoping Coach Shrews can build them back to the National team they were when Digger was coach! Combine that with Matta resurrecting Butler and a redo of the Cross Roads Classic could show the world that Indiana IS the center of the basketball universe!

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Hoping Coach Shrews can build them back to the National team they were when Digger was coach! Combine that with Matta resurrecting Butler and a redo of the Cross Roads Classic could show the world that Indiana IS the center of the basketball universe!

I am with you on all that, except please, NO Cross Roads Classic. 

Keep that thing buried

• Like 2