2025 PG Jalen Haralson Commits to Notre Dame

NotIThatLives

8 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Thats a load of crap. Haralson said it had as much to do with the conference style of play. Mentioned the ACC is more of an NBA style. No kids want to play for him? 

Serious question because I Don’t know. Does Shrews run an NBA style offense? Multiple people said Woody is switching to an NBA style offense so if Shrewsdoesmt run one then I don’t necessarily buy into his comment.

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Woody is a dinosaur and not well liked.  The portal will be the way forward.  It's going to be very hard for him to land many HS kids unless he drastically overpays.  Kids want assurance as to who their coach will be.

What about JHS, MM, Tucker, Reneau, Cupps, and now Sisley. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean everybody thinks like you

• Like 3

Two things. First....there is no way the plans that Shrews has for Haralson is better (Pickett) than what Coach Woodson could do (JHS). Secondly...my funeral time in the year 2024 for missing out on a recruit is about 30 seconds.

If we have to deal with a class of TS, BM, MB, and ER.....I'll deal with that all day long considering it would be a top 5 recruiting class in the country.

Onto the next. Just unfollow Haralson and move along. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Serious question because I Don’t know. Does Shrews run an NBA style offense? Multiple people said Woody is switching to an NBA style offense so if Shrewsdoesmt run one then I don’t necessarily buy into his comment.

Well, he definitely runs a shooter friendly offense. His last year at PSU they attempted 27 threes/game with five players shooting over 38% and four with 3+ attempts per game. 

31 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

So is the thought now that the whole rumor about Sisley getting confirmation that another big signing was imminent was just bogus. Or was it Mullins or Reibe?

What if it was true and Woody misses out on all? Will Sisley stick around  ? Maybe Harrelson was just a bonus or never figured in ???

50 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m glad for sure and it clearly worked with Sisley. I just don’t think Sisley had other coaches breaking down film like Shrews did with JH. To me every recruit has to be treated based on what they like and once you hear oh I love that we are breaking down a ton of nba film and this and that then woody should be doing just as much ESPECIALLY with his NBA knowledge that he brings

You obviously haven’t been paying attention to what other recruits and commits have been saying about how IU has full video productions (not just film) about how they fit into IU’s plans!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Question, next year would you rather have juniors Rice and Carlyle plus a sophomore in Tucker over having a freshman JH. If those guys come back we will be in great shape at the guard and wing position. I know that's a big if but right now none of them are projected to be a first rounder.

100% those guys back

if 2 of those 3 get drafted or project to we will have plenty of players in the portal wanting to come. Loosing out on a one done player is big deal when you get experienced players in the portal 

If the kid wants to be a OAD, then ND made the most sense since he will be their primary threat and be able to pad his stats to get him into lotto status. I think MSU and IU can build good enough rosters that they wouldn’t give Haralson as much free reign to create for himself and play through all the mistakes. 

A final 3 of ND, MSU, and IU now seems puzzling to me if the whole style of play was so important. I’m not Einstein but I’m 99% sure only 1 school of those listed is in the conference he preferred.

As someone that felt bad for guys like Romeo and Ware wasting their talent, I’m shocked with being a OAD and going to LaLu that you would want to play for ND instead of a regular contender like Auburn, Gonzaga, Kansas, etc.

Edited by Hoosierdave
  • Thanks 1

As much as I would have loved to have Haralson, this one isn't really stinging for me.

We have Tucker who projects similarly to Haralson next year production wise, and Carlyle assuming he returns.

Land Mullins and a transfer wing and we're set from a 2/3 perspective next year.

This staffs portal success has made me panic much less over missing on HS recruits.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

As much as I would have loved to have Haralson, this one isn't really stinging for me.

We have Tucker who projects similarly to Haralson next year production wise, and Carlyle assuming he returns.

Land Mullins and a transfer wing and we're set from a 2/3 perspective next year.

This staffs portal success has made me panic much less over missing on HS recruits.

All day long. This isn't the era where losing Eric Gordon would set a program back for 1-2 years like Bubbles did. It's a loss but oh well. Guys coming back or hit the portal or oh by the way Brown is saying hell yes IU.

• Like 1