2025 PG Jalen Haralson Commits to Notre Dame

NotIThatLives

Just now, IU Scott said:

When I saw the interview with Sisley he talked about how he and Woodson talked a lot about how he was going to use him.

I’m glad for sure and it clearly worked with Sisley. I just don’t think Sisley had other coaches breaking down film like Shrews did with JH. To me every recruit has to be treated based on what they like and once you hear oh I love that we are breaking down a ton of nba film and this and that then woody should be doing just as much ESPECIALLY with his NBA knowledge that he brings

As I get older, and now with NIL, I really couldn’t care less about recruiting outside of its entertainment value.  This one I found particularly humorous.

-  Internet - lots of ND “chatter”

- “Experts” - Don’t pay attention to that, nobody knows, keeping it close to the vest, not even the schools know.

- Internet- “chatter” continues to be ND.

- JH - picks ND.

Sumbody knew sumptin….:coffee:

• Like 4

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

I’m glad for sure and it clearly worked with Sisley. I just don’t think Sisley had other coaches breaking down film like Shrews did with JH. To me every recruit has to be treated based on what they like and once you hear oh I love that we are breaking down a ton of nba film and this and that then woody should be doing just as much ESPECIALLY with his NBA knowledge that he brings

But why are you assuming what coach did or didn't do?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Well if we miss on Mullins back to the portal we go. 
Think immediate playing time at ND, style of play, and ACC being less physical more NBA like  won out for ND

Woody is a dinosaur and not well liked.  The portal will be the way forward.  It's going to be very hard for him to land many HS kids unless he drastically overpays.  Kids want assurance as to who their coach will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, 5 championships said:

Well if we miss on Mullins back to the portal we go. 
Think immediate playing time at ND, style of play, and ACC being less physical more NBA like  won out for ND

I think it’s important to mix in multi-year high school talent with the portal transfers though. There HAS to be some type of continuity or TEAM, people that are passing the IU way down to the next guys. Not to mention, when the state of Indiana has the hotbed of talent they do year in and year out, it should be easier to accomplish this. I know from athletic experience it’s a lot tougher for teams to gel when there isn’t familiarity or player turnover is high. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Woody is a dinosaur and not well liked.  The portal will be the way forward.  It's going to be very hard for him to land many HS kids unless he drastically overpays.  Kids want assurance as to who their coach will be.

Thats a load of crap. Haralson said it had as much to do with the conference style of play. Mentioned the ACC is more of an NBA style. No kids want to play for him? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Woodson did the very thing when he got TJD to stay for his junior year.