2025 PG Jalen Haralson Commits to Notre Dame

NotIThatLives

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This is why I'm with Beamerball. I don't believe for a second Coyle knows anything, but it'd be nice if we weren't only playing defense. We can rationalize away a lot of the ND rumors, but it'd be nice to be hearing some IU rumors as well, and it's concerning that we're really not.

Even Ya out there trying to swat down rumors.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This is why I'm with Beamerball. I don't believe for a second Coyle knows anything, but it'd be nice if we weren't only playing defense. We can rationalize away a lot of the ND rumors, but it'd be nice to be hearing some IU rumors as well, and it's concerning that we're really not.

I also know that a lot of things on the IU insider front has changed. With NIL it’s tended to clamp lips. A lot more at stake with the amounts of money being discussed and bargained. I really think nobody knows. We didn’t know on Sisley until that day when the actual family leaked it. That’s not been the case in the past. 

The ND confidence is coming from AAU people which can be traced back to ND. Rabby and Trevor have made some interesting comments the last couple days which seem like some slip ups they’ve tried to cover up. This recruitment has been a crazy ride just because the kid and family aren’t leaking the decision to anyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That’s not the case. 

Maybe, maybe not. But the idea that Haralson told Sisley, but isn't leaking word to anyone else, doesn't make any sense. Why would Haralson tell Sisley his decision, but otherwise be so tight lipped? Just so Sisley can confirm his IU commitment a few days earlier? No offense, but again that just doesn't add up.

Edited by IUProfessor

1 minute ago, IUProfessor said:

Maybe, maybe not. But the idea that Haralson told Sisley, but isn't leaking word to anyone else, doesn't make any sense. Why would Haralson tell Sisley his decision, but otherwise be so tight lipped? Just so Sisley can confirm his IU commitment a few days earlier? No offense, but again that just doesn't add up.

I took it as the IU staff told him they are getting/got a big commitment. Supposedly haralson talked to the staff Sunday after going quiet last week. That was discussed above. Does that mean this is the truth? No. 

4 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

I know to many people that know what's going on with that recruitment. That hasn't happened. 

1 minute ago, Victobmyboy said:

I took it as the IU staff told him they are getting/got a big commitment. Supposedly haralson talked to the staff Sunday after going quiet last week. That was discussed above. Does that mean this is the truth? No. 

This is what I think has happened but the Haralson's have the final decision locked up tighter than Area 51 so we don't really know. That said I'm almost certain that Rabby and Trevor know fwiw. 

• Like 2

I'm actually impressed that JH has been able to keep such a seal on this, especially in today's world where everyone wants to break the news. The fact that ND is in his final 3 is more of a respect thing to Shrews in my opinion. We had brief discussions last year when he was hired that ND would start being a player in big time recruitments. Here we are...

JH- US

BM- US

ER- ???

7 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

But we're also being told the respective staffs don't know who Haralson is picking, and won't until shortly before 7.

Look, I think it's entirely possible, and perhaps even likely, Haralson picks IU. But I still don't think this one particular theory makes any sense. It's based on overly favorable interpretations of too many other rumors, each of which may or may not be true themselves.

Edit: Even the rumors themselves are totally contradictory. Did Haralason shut down communication with staffs last week, or was he fielding a call with IU on Sunday?

Edited by IUProfessor

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This is what I think has happened but the Haralson's have the final decision locked up tighter than Area 51 so we don't really know. That said I'm almost certain that Rabby and Trevor know fwiw. 

And both got put on notice not to leak sh!t to Trilly or anyone else like they did in the past. Pretty sure Rabby had to cut some ties after the DD, Dane fife stuff. IMHO. 

Sorry I’m too lazy/busy to read a bunch of articles to find it but can anyone tell me what position the staff is recruiting Harlason to play? I feel like I saw IU is telling him he can play the 1-3 just like other schools. 

I’m leaning towards ND just because of the larger role he would have there and how that could help pad his stats and get him into a lotto pick situation. Ive looked at mock drafts recently and don’t see Rice/Carylyle/Mac/Tucker listed as early first round picks, so there could be heavy competition next year for minutes (not that I think both Mac and Tucker would stay another year). Add in Mullins and those minutes shrink more. 

i guess also these super teams never work out for us so why now lol. 

2 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

But we're also being told the respective staffs don't know who Haralson is picking, and won't until shortly before 7.

Look, I think it's entirely possible, and perhaps even likely, Haralson picks IU. But I still don't think this one particular theory makes any sense. It's based on overly favorable interpretations of too many other rumors, each of which may or may not be true themselves. 

NIL has a lot to do with this. This is why I tend to think somebody knows. 

13 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

NIL has a lot to do with this. This is why I tend to think somebody knows. 

Maybe, maybe not. That's totally possible. But it's also possible that he knows what the final NIL offers are, but will not sign a deal until after tonight's announcement. It's not like the old days where you signed a binding NIL. There is nothing stopping him from announcing before finalizing the NIL commitments if he wants the suspense. If the NIL deal falls through, just decommit and sign elsewhere.

Edited by IUProfessor

9 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

And both got put on notice not to leak sh!t to Trilly or anyone else like they did in the past. Pretty sure Rabby had to cut some ties after the DD, Dane fife stuff. IMHO. 

This doesn't have to do with IU this is the Haralson family not leaking anything. Rabby did lose some access to IU after some of that stuff and he's working on building it back. PS. he wasn't leaking anything to Trilly. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This doesn't have to do with IU this is the Haralson family not leaking anything. Rabby did lose some access to IU after some of that stuff and he's working on building it back. PS. he wasn't leaking anything to Trilly. 

I worded it wrong…sorry. 

Edited by Victobmyboy