2025 PG Jalen Haralson Commits to Notre Dame

NotIThatLives

FWIW, this is the account that was defending Woody before the portal this off season. 

people have speculated it’s a member of our staff or a close friend at least. Sounds like our staff is confident they’ve done everything they can and if he goes to ND or MSU it’s because of something specific they couldn’t offer. 

DF2000F7-C6DD-480E-AC3D-7E8DFD99AA8B.jpeg

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

If he picks someone besides IU I need to stop taking things players say about the coaches and the school to heart. I thought after reading what Harrelson said about IU he would pick us. He talked about how IU was the first to offer him and that was very important to him. He also talked about how IU and the coaches were like family and how he has a lot of family with IU backgrounds. I still think in the end he will pick IU but not as confident after today. Also Trilly said that Harrelson hasn't told anyone so my question is how would his sources not anything if Harrelson is talking.

That, or you could take in everything a player says, not just the parts you want to hear. For example, saw this fairly glowing quote about ND in On3's article about the Haralson announcement:

NOTRE DAME: “Coach (Micah) Shrewsberry, I think, is one of the best basketball coaches in America. We talk basketball all the time, the NBA Finals; we don’t even really talk college basketball. He’s a brilliant mind, and I feel like I have a brilliant mind at my age, so it’s good learning from a coach like that. We watch a lot of film, like ball screens, and he’s already helped me a lot with my game.”

If he picks ND, nothing Haralson said about Indiana is a lie. A recruit can only pick one program, even if there are others he likes as well. Haralson had all the top programs after him. He put Indiana in his final three for all those reasons you stated above. If he does pick IU, that won't mean that quote about Shrews was a lie, either.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

That, or you could take in everything a player says, not just the parts you want to hear. For example, saw this fairly glowing quote about ND in On3's article about the Haralson announcement:

NOTRE DAME: “Coach (Micah) Shrewsberry, I think, is one of the best basketball coaches in America. We talk basketball all the time, the NBA Finals; we don’t even really talk college basketball. He’s a brilliant mind, and I feel like I have a brilliant mind at my age, so it’s good learning from a coach like that. We watch a lot of film, like ball screens, and he’s already helped me a lot with my game.”

If he picks ND, nothing Haralson said about Indiana is a lie. A recruit can only pick one program, even if there are others he likes as well. Haralson had all the top programs after him. He put Indiana in his final three for all those reasons you stated above. If he does pick IU, that won't mean that quote about Shrews was a lie, either.

I didn't mean that he was lying or anything bad about Harrelson. It is more in how I should interpret players comments 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, labeck81 said:

You're welcome.

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 10.03.29 AM.png

That's kind of what I thought. The "Unlikely" wording was probably a default software thing, not an actual statement that Haralson wouldn't go to IU. 

I like Rob. He's been a great guest on several IU podcasts over the years. Always explains what he's thinking, and never pretends to know more than he does. He's making a guess like everyone else, and will tell you that, even if the Futurecast tool doesn't allow for equivocation. Trilly will be guessing too, when that comes out, given what's been said of the Haralson camp shutting things down.

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 2