2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Sounds like a guess to me

34 minutes ago, Indykev said:

everyone is guessing. insiders write something here and i go hell i just read that in 3 articles. 

Yeah, Maryland has been the "favorite" for some time now, but it just feels like lazy analysis.  Guessing that things will not firm up until right before the announcement as quiet as this one has been.

I don't see Maryland as a favorite.  Not at all.  He may end up there because it's close to home, but there are a lot of compelling reasons to choose a school, shall we say, further west?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

This thread is surprisingly quiet just 36 hours out from the beginning of the early signing period...

Because there isn’t anything new to talk about. The only info floating around is coming from the Maryland staff that is pumping confidence to their boosters but that doesn’t mean a whole lot. 

57 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Because there isn’t anything new to talk about. The only info floating around is coming from the Maryland staff that is pumping confidence to their boosters but that doesn’t mean a whole lot. 

Oh, I get that, still this is just crazy quiet compared to the lead-up to decisions by McNeeley, Flanders, etc.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Oh, I get that, still this is just crazy quiet compared to the lead-up to decisions by McNeeley, Flanders, etc.

Probably because not only is there nothing new, we've long been told that Maryland is the likely selection as well as after Fland people don't want to get their hopes up too much. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierdave said:

Or why not take a chance on IU and transfer back home to Maryland if it doesn’t work out 🤷‍♂️.

I was going on the assumption that he wanted to attend both schools because of being indecisive.    Maryland could be the farm team in this instance. lol

Of course, just picking IU would be better.

• Like 1