2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

32 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Could be a coincidence but interesting that DQ’s mom chose to wear crimson today for the Montverde guys signing.

If intentional, just goes to show how close the two families are.

4E0EA800-77F0-4858-AD12-51B7C37A877E.png

Maryland iu houston and kansas all have red in them lol

• Haha 1

https://x.com/imsradioshow/status/1722411267728847268?s=46&t=wuW4V7JUATf7-ZJpOdcx9A

Maryland 247 people talking about Queen at the very end of the show. For those who want the footnotes (it was a rough listen haha) basically they said if they had to make a prediction they still think Queen to Maryland based on the amount of time they’ve recruited him and that him being the only recruit left in the 24 class they won’t lose him to NIL offers. 

They did say if Queen doesn’t sign during the early signing period he’s not coming to Maryland though. I will also say they didn’t sound extremely confident and at times we’re just making hypothetical scenarios up to keep the convo going.  

I know this recruitment is a bit odd, however....I wonder if he is wanting to see both IU and Maryland play a few games first and see how he could be utilized on both teams? Maryland plays #22 'Nova on Nov. 17th, IU plays #6 UCONN on Nov. 19th then IU vs. Maryland on December 1st. Who knows......I thought I would take a stab at it.. JMO

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I know this recruitment is a bit odd, however....I wonder if he is wanting to see both IU and Maryland play a few games first and see how he could be utilized on both teams? Maryland plays #22 'Nova on Nov. 17th, IU plays #6 UCONN on Nov. 19th then IU vs. Maryland on December 1st. Who knows......I thought I would take a stab at it.. JMO

I’ve thought for quite awhile that recruits want to see the IU offense post TJD. How can they see themselves in that? Seems after Tuesday the staff is still trying to figure things out now that they are no longer just beating up on each other!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I’ve thought for quite awhile that recruits want to see the IU offense post TJD. How can they see themselves in that? Seems after Tuesday the staff is still trying to figure things out now that they are no longer just beating up on each other!

If I'm Woodson, I'm telling Queen that we will run the Monteverde offense that he and Liam already know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Can't do that if he wants to sign in the early signing period

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I sure hope no recruit is watching the trash offense we have played so far.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There's a chance this drags out until the spring signing period. 

Thanks.

IMO fingers crossed then because Maryland 247 people feel he’s not ending up a Terp if that’s the case. Plus I think Ware is gonna have an awesome year so it would be nice for Queen to witness that.

Not to mention, that’s extended opportunity for Liam to build chemistry on/off the court with DQ.

• Like 1