2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

33 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

I knew that, but for quite some time it’s sounded like it was Houston, Maryland, and IU and even more recently just the last 2.  When’s the last time Self visited him?  I guess when he went and last saw Liam as well….

Self went yesterday to see Queen. They are still going after him but they've always been viewed as being on the outside looking in. Mostly because the fit next to Flory isn't the greatest. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Well if Queen really wants a DQ NIL deal there’s far more in Indiana than Maryland 🤷‍♂️

8A06BA15-06CA-4321-902C-C98C193A1FC3.png

EDAE47BE-E258-463B-A619-A4BA3536D4FB.jpeg

4810E73C-C0A8-492A-BB34-5923E23509DD.png

If Derik can actually secure any sort of deal with Dairy Queen, more power to him. I hope he takes all the money he can get and laughs all the way to the bank.

That said, it's got to be annoying AF to keep hearing/seeing these tired puns your entire life. There's only so many ways this quip can be presented.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If Derik can actually secure any sort of deal with Dairy Queen, more power to him. I hope he takes all the money he can get and laughs all the way to the bank.

That said, it's got to be annoying AF to keep hearing/seeing these tired puns your entire life. There's only so many ways this quip can be presented.

Agreed. Although in this case, unless I'm mistaken, Queen actually liked the tweet by Donovan suggesting the DQ partnership. 

24 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This is great…. But also kinda sad that people don’t have anything better to do 

While I do agree lol, it doesn’t hurt to demonstrate to DQ and his family how much our fan base wants him and also how passionate we are about our program. 

Between the TJD post and this, I think it’s been an effective 24-48 hours proving what we can offer in terms of NBA prep and NIL opportunities.