2023 SG Joey Hart Commits to pUKe

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Would not want this guy to tie up a scholarship for 4 years. We are recruiting much higher level talent 

Same. Not trying to be arrogant or whatever but the guards we are in with in 24 and 25.....as well as having Cupp, Newton, Gunn...shoot gang we have Trey Galloway for 2 more years I don't want to tie a scholarship to this kid. As sad as what I'm getting to type is...it's the way of the land. Let him go somewhere, prove himself and if he wants to transfer to IU in 2 years cool.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same. Not trying to be arrogant or whatever but the guards we are in with in 24 and 25.....as well as having Cupp, Newton, Gunn...shoot gang we have Trey Galloway for 2 more years I don't want to tie a scholarship to this kid. As sad as what I'm getting to type is...it's the way of the land. Let him go somewhere, prove himself and if he wants to transfer to IU in 2 years cool.

Should have added this though. Our staff has earned the right of if they think this is what they need or want....so be it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Coach has said it over and over, he’s here to win championships! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Kentucky is the favorite but he is supposedly visiting IU tonight so who knows what’s going on. Hart has kept things really quiet and hasn’t publicized much since he reopened his recruitment. 

Yep…not said anything around town/school. That said I’d think both IU/UK probably weren’t in this a couple months ago…seems like a fall back once some things didn’t break their way.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep…not said anything around town/school. That said I’d think both IU/UK probably weren’t in this a couple months ago…seems like a fall back once some things didn’t break their way.

I know he visited Butler and then UK, IU, and Rutgers jumped in the mix. I think he ends up at UK but who knows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wondering if the stuff with his dad/family made him want to be closer to home.

I’m not sure. If that was the case I don’t think Rutgers would be under consideration but who knows. He hasn’t even announced what offers he’s gotten this time and I know he’s gotten some new ones but just chose to keep things quiet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Kentucky is the favorite but he is supposedly visiting IU tonight so who knows what’s going on. Hart has kept things really quiet and hasn’t publicized much since he reopened his recruitment. 

damn, let me get the camera out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I hear fans saying Hart isn't good enough to play at IU. (although apparently the staff disagrees...)

What in the world is Kentucky doing recruiting him then?

Leal isn't either yet he has a degree that says IU on it and is the highest paid practice player in the country.

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Leal isn't either yet he has a degree that says IU on it and is the highest paid practice player in the country.

Maybe Hart fills the same role at UK, but I have a hard time seeing one & done Calipari wasting much energy recruiting that kind of player.  Then again, it may say a lot about how far he's fallen and how thin he sees his current roster.  Interesting development anyway.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I hear fans saying Hart isn't good enough to play at IU. (although apparently the staff disagrees...)

What in the world is Kentucky doing recruiting him then?

Kentucky has 7 players.  He wouldn’t be going to Kentucky if they had more players.  This is the issue nowadays.  Kids are being pushed down and filling spots late in the process.  Kentucky has missed out on a ton of prospects and lost their starting shooting guard.  They are hurting for players.  

Edited by IU_Realist
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

Kentucky has 7 players.  He wouldn’t be going to Kentucky if they didn’t have a full squad.  This is the issue nowadays.  Kids are being pushed down and filling spots late in the process.  

Man, I knew their numbers were down but seven?!!  LOL @ the Squid.  Would be pure comedy if he ended up getting a CBI invite.

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Man, I knew their numbers were down but seven?!!  LOL @ the Squid.  Would be pure comedy if he ended up getting a CBI invite.

They are screwed this year.  Team full of two Sophs who didn’t play last year much and sounds like 7 frosh.  Doesn’t look good for them.  

Edited by IU_Realist

28 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

9 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

They are screwed this year.  Team full of two Sophs who didn’t play last year much and sounds like 7 frosh.  Doesn’t look good for them.  

giphy(4)(10).gif.0bd0a94ad166cb7e980be1e31ae0b9fa.gif

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Hart didn’t visit IU. The rumor started with Jim Coyle and it has been proven to be false. I’m expecting him to end up at UK.

So somebody floated IU interest just to what....make it look like a recruiting win for an Indiana kid? Seems like an Underwood move. 

• Haha 1