Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He went down with Kel'el for his meeting with Spolstra and Riley...

That's pretty neat. Had to make Ware more comfortable and a chance to rekindle some NBA relationships - that might come in handy next year. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

That's pretty neat. Had to make Ware more comfortable and a chance to rekindle some NBA relationships - that might come in handy next year. 

One thing I have zero doubt about is that Woody is true to his word when he says his relationship with players goes well beyond the 1-4 years they play at Indiana...

Coach Knight did the same for him, and he's simply paying it forward...

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, IUFLA said:

The first part of this video is right on. I really think the biggest question from a pure X's and O's perspective is if/how much we crowd the paint with Malik and Ballo. 

We seemingly now have guards and wings that can create their own shot, but will the paint be open for them to drive? If our guards don't have room to drive, defenders can guard them tighter on the perimeter and go over screens, which will greatly effect their efficiency. I'm really hoping we don't see this next year, unless the matchup allows for it. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 7:47 AM, Indykev said:

I wasn't aware college coaches went on NBA visits with players. i am now I guess.

When I got drafted, my coach went with me on visits to several NBA teams.  Then I woke up.

• Haha 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I said in another thread I'd bought the digital version of College Basketball Blue Ribbon yearbook...The the assessment of our coaching, BTown Banner's "Fire Mike Woodson" thread is mentioned...

I guess y'all got some work to do :) 

Heck of a thing, when that is all they have to hang their hat on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Is CMW learning/adapting or is he being forced to change ?

1.  Hockey subs disappeared 

2.  NIL recruiting 

3.  High school recruiting 

4.  Rumors of a new offense that doesn’t have your best shooter stand in the corner 

You need a new hobby. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Is CMW learning/adapting or is he being forced to change ?

1.  Hockey subs disappeared 

2.  NIL recruiting 

3.  High school recruiting 

4.  Rumors of a new offense that doesn’t have your best shooter stand in the corner 

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

You need a new hobby. 

image.gif.11624dd7ebb527304911d0572ee65c4f.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, cthomas said:

And if you see someone walking up behind a cow with a stool, just look away and move on.

LOL, Way back in High school, our Econ teacher was asking us farm kids about farming. We explained that one of our buddies (who was actually in the class) had a special breed of stump broke cows. It took him about two weeks to find out what we were talking about. He actually went along with it and we all had a pretty good time with it. 

• Haha 2