Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

This one is just over 200 pages so this isn't even close to the over 900 pages over on BTB. Those guys are more delusional than people on this site.

Why you keep dissing BTB?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Then I want to give them a run for their money. We need to come together as a fanbase and demand BETTER.

and i don't care about that site.  i want to know how long the Moses thread was on this board.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Stupid I know but could we cut with the charades and throw some crazy money at Billy Donavon (maybe leave him an out for an nba job he wants) and put in a huge buyout for UK? Just want someone that is proven and respected. Seems like the NBA thing has run its course too.

https://deadspin.com/billy-donovan-demar-derozan-lonzo-ball-chicago-bulls-1851058650

https://www.si.com/nba/bulls/news/billy-donovan-speaks-on-the-fragile-job-security-of-being-an-nba-head-coach

That’s why it’s so weird how Woodson was so defensive with questions about his job. There are only 3-4 NBA coaches who have any job security. Just part of the profession. It’s like Woodson felt he’d be insulated at IU because of his playing history. You’d think he’d be used to handling those questions 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

oh man.  don't start this again.  don't start me dreaming again.

Well I thought that was what this thread was for lol…I don’t hate Woodson…but he isn’t going to take us to the top of the mountain. We all hated the hire but we put up with it because it was suppose to be a bridge hire…a short term fix…so how long do we gotta put up with this?

29 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well I thought that was what this thread was for lol…I don’t hate Woodson…but he isn’t going to take us to the top of the mountain. We all hated the hire but we put up with it because it was suppose to be a bridge hire…a short term fix…so how long do we gotta put up with this?

oh, i'm with you.  i had just accepted that Donovan is not an option.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoo said:

Because he joined over there, acted like he does here, and got basically ridiculed. So now he‘s sulking with his tail tucked between his legs over here.

I have been over there for over 3 years just had two usernames. I wasn't ridiculing them but wondering why this board is so far behind.

2 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Then I want to give them a run for their money. We need to come together as a fanbase and demand BETTER.

It's rather simple, Boycott the games and don't buy BB merchandise...especially if the students followed up. But too many are soft minded...no balls. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

It's rather simple, Boycott the games and don't buy BB merchandise...especially if the students followed up. But too many are soft minded...no balls. 

Nope I will back my team no matter who the coach and players are. I might get upset on how they play but will never leave my team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

oh, i'm with you.  i had just accepted that Donovan is not an option.  

I get it…but to me that interview was someone that was expecting the axe and I think now is the right time to go after him…not when he just got to Okl city.

23 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

I for one am done but you are totally right. Not a dollar of my money is going to IU until Woodson is gone 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nope I will back my team no matter who the coach and players are. I might get upset on how they play but will never leave my team.

Boycotting and supporting a change isn’t leaving your team…in fact if you look at it closely it’s the most selfless love you can do to support them. Taking away voluntarily the thing you love most to sacrifice for the greater good of that very thing you love is the greatest fandom you could show!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why would we want to hire a coach that loses in the first round

Because he has a 30 plus year track record of success…even recent success. Knight lost in first rd..Coach K has. It isn’t a habit…he has two freshman and a sophomore guard and that happens with young kids…the difference with Woodson is that he has none to little track record as a coach…and it’s mostly mediocre to poor nba and college. He is also a lazy recruiter who doesn’t care enough of his players to call them up once a week even to see how they are doing and keep them engaged…Pearl has an endless motor and is recruiting better now then he ever has. He also doesn’t think basketball is best played through the post.

If all that isn’t enough Pearl doesn’t talk in the third person. Case closed.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2