Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

No, he just wants out because he has concerns with Woodson. Woodson hasn't been communicating with him since he signed. Plus he doesn't trust Woodson's offense. NLI's don't really mean anything anymore. 

Yes, I'm sure that is his ACTUAL reason, but my guess is the McNeely's used the rumors as the reason to get out.

1 minute ago, ephul said:

Yes, I'm sure that is his ACTUAL reason, but my guess is the McNeely's used the rumors as the reason to get out.

No, he literally just asked out and the school wasn't going to fight it. 

Edited by DC2345

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

No, he just wants out because he has concerns with Woodson. Woodson hasn't been communicating with him since he signed. Plus he doesn't trust Woodson's offense. NLI's don't really mean anything anymore. 

Inexcusable.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, toonsquad said:

As both of them said, literally “insane” what Coach Woodson is doing and how he’s sticking around another year.

Was nice to hear both of them say the fan rumor with Liam was a cop out and nonsense. Carter even admitted Michigan state Twitter would have been an all time meltdown mode if this was happening and they at least have Izzo as their coach. 

Why everyone else can see the sinking ship but those in power to make a change at IU is unfathomable.  

10 minutes ago, ephul said:

I have a hard time believing the school wouldn't want to know the reason. 

I'm sure he gave some kind of reason but the reality is in todays day and age of college athletics it doesn't really matter

• Like 1

The Buckner / Woodson conspiracy rumors are getting out of control.  

Not denying they are friends, nor that Buckner wasn't instrumental in Woodson's hire.  But, putting his friend through this kind of abuse and going all Hiroshima on IU's basketball program make no sense.  

There are people out there spreading things as fact that are simply rumors, many of them blown way out of proportion.

Other people are spreading opinions as facts.  I think Pearl would be a better coach than Woodson, but that's still just my opinion, and I shouldn't be pouring gas and tossing a match on it by taking to Twitter and embellishing every little thing to push my agenda as factual instead of opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Buckner / Woodson conspiracy rumors are getting out of control.  

Not denying they are friends, nor that Buckner wasn't instrumental in Woodson's hire.  But, putting his friend through this kind of abuse and going all Hiroshima on IU's basketball program make no sense.  

There are people out there spreading things as fact that are simply rumors, many of them blown way out of proportion.

Other people are spreading opinions as facts.  I think Pearl would be a better coach than Woodson, but that's still just my opinion, and I shouldn't be pouring gas and tossing a match on it by taking to Twitter and embellishing every little thing to push my agenda as factual instead of opinion.

Getting that bad?  I don’t spend much time on Twitter or X or whatever it’s called these days.  Hell, I don’t get much time to visit the boards much anymore.

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I'm sure he gave some kind of reason but the reality is in todays day and age of college athletics it doesn't really matter

Again, I agree and that was my post. I'm saying Liam probably used the rumors as the excuse and the administration leaked the Woodson staying story in a last ditch effort.

51 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It was headed for that as soon as Dolson started looking at other options. 

You don’t have to share, but were there any legs to the Pearl rumblings? I’m not plugged in like I used to be, but curious if Pearl and May are the top two choices if a change is made…

1 hour ago, Beamerball said:

No chance that egotistical maniac willing steps down. He's the greatest coach alive. He can fix it! Just don't ask him how, because he hasn't figured it out yet. Still needs to conference with Whitman and Armond. 

The worst thing is. People will go after him and his family. His wife will be ridiculed out in public. I am obviously strongly AGAINST that stuff. But that's my worry here. Woodson retiring could solve so many issues.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Then win games!!!!!!! They have the power to silence everything.  

If we'd be bringing in the type of recruiting class we should have, if '25 looked promising, if CMW would just ONCE take ANY sort of responsibility and not sound absurdly candied when he did... I'd be on here defending him. 

Nope. He and Buckner get no more blind trust. 

Winning cures all. No doubt about it.

• Like 4