2021 MLB Season

5fouls

2 hours ago, rico said:

Mets suffering the Baez effect.

I've got him at 5-29 with 11 strikeouts so far with the Mets which with the exception of maybe 2 more hits and probably one of those being a home run is exactly what he did for the Cubs the last couple of seasons.

H won't be able to change this year but for his own sake I really hope he takes this off season and figures out a whole new way in the box. He's going to leave at least $100M on the table if he doesn't.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've got him at 5-29 with 11 strikeouts so far with the Mets which with the exception of maybe 2 more hits and probably one of those being a home run is exactly what he did for the Cubs the last couple of seasons.

H won't be able to change this year but for his own sake I really hope he takes this off season and figures out a whole new way in the box. He's going to leave at least $100M on the table if he doesn't.

Meh, he just needs to see more of Amir Garrett...

Anthony Rizzo out of Yankees lineup. Tested positive for Covid. Not a good time to be out the lineup for awhile nor a nice birthday gift.

I have no proof other than learning how to understand Cub speak over the years.....but Jed made a few comments back in June about players/leaders on the team causing harm by not getting vaccinated. Bad timing for our Yankees brethren on here.

Edited by Seeking6

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anthony Rizzo out of Yankees lineup. Tested positive for Covid. Not a good time to be out the lineup for awhile nor a nice birthday gift.

I have no proof other than learning how to understand Cub speak over the years.....but Jed made a few comments back in June about players/leaders on the team causing harm by not getting vaccinated. Bad timing for our Yankees brethren on here.

Is it just me, or have the Yankees had the vast majority of positive Covid tests this season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Stop testing them!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

One of those pointless, but fun reads.  Do you agree with the pick for your favorite team? 

The Reds' choice is obvious and non-debatable.

https://www.mlb.com/news/future-retired-mlb-jersey-numbers

I agree with the pick (Rizzo) but he's not going to join Banks, Santo, Williams, Jenkins, Sandberg, and Maddux any time soon...

• Like 2

Yankees can't seem to catch a break with the injury bug that has plagued them the past 3 seasons Although not an injury, newly acquired Anthony Rizzo has been placed on covid quarantine. He joins starting pitchers Cole and Montgomery on the covid list. Yanks bought up a pitcher from triple A to start todays game.

Pitchers Kluber and Severino may be close to coming back as well as Gio Urshela. Yanks only 5.5 games back in the AL East.

Go Yanks

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe the Reds should have kept Suarez put of the lineup.  His bad defense cost us a run and is down 1-0

I'm hoping that Bell will simply platoon Moose and Suarez.  Suarez hasn't really done that much this season and Moose's bat is much better, IMHO.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds sweep Pirates 3-2.  12 straight wins against the Pirates at home.  Longest streak since 1939, I believe they said.  😊  Keep applying pressure to both the Brewers and Padres.

The Pirates are just bad.  Not much time to celebrate, just keep winning.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just looked at the schedules this week for both the Reds and Brewers and it looks like the Brewers have a huge advantage.

Reds- 1 vs Indians, 3 vs Braves, 3 vs Phillies.

Brewers 4 vs Cubs, 3 vs Pirates

Look further.  In September, the Reds have a significant advantage.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Look further.  In September, the Reds have a significant advantage.

Going off memory from another site, the winning pcts. of remaining opponents:

Padres  .520

Brewers  .500

Reds  .470

I do believe Cincy has the 2nd easiest schedule in the NL(Philly).  

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

White Sox are 16-22 on the year vs .500 or better teams. That's my contribution for the day. Finding stats that make my teams enemies look bad. 

No matter how hard you try to make them look bad, they still look better than the Cubs.  It appears to me that the Chisox are the only team in MLB whose division lead is safe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

No matter how hard you try to make them look bad, they still look better than the Cubs.  It appears to me that the Chisox are the only team in MLB whose division lead is safe.

The D-Backs' lead for the celler spot in the NL West is pretty secure.  

• Haha 1