What's your favorite car tire manufacturer ?

milehiiu

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I've got tires at Discount Tire, NTB, and Costco. I have been going to NTB for years for non dealer service and they are close. Typically my first stop. Got Michelins for my wife at Costco the last time around. They give you free Nitrogen and tire checks. Pretty limited in the selection though. 

I've never had any luck with NTB. Went to the one in Oswego, Illinois for a battery and got screwed around for an hour before leaving. Went to the one in Porter, Texas last year to get my Texas State inspection, and they did it, took my money, but didn't have the form I needed to take to the DMV to get my registration sticker. 

As for Costco, they're a lot more expensive than Discount Tires for the same models. I have went there and got nitrogen put in the tires though. Do it whether they put them on or not. I love Costco, but last I checked for the OEM tires on my car, they were $200 more than Discount...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I've never had any luck with NTB. Went to the one in Oswego, Illinois for a battery and got screwed around for an hour before leaving. Went to the one in Porter, Texas last year to get my Texas State inspection, and they did it, took my money, but didn't have the form I needed to take to the DMV to get my registration sticker. 

As for Costco, they're a lot more expensive than Discount Tires for the same models. I have went there and got nitrogen put in the tires though. Do it whether they put them on or not. I love Costco, but last I checked for the OEM tires on my car, they were $200 more than Discount...

Maybe I got the Costco ones on sale? I did check at the time and they were competitive.

As for NTB, I think it depends on the branch. The North Aurora location had the same manager for years and treated me well. Had transmission issues a decade ago on an older car and they recommended a cheap additive when I balked at their repair estimate. Bought me an extra 100k miles on that car. Went to Rte 59 location in Aurora and store was dirty/ bad service. 

Discount tire has the best website for shopping/ comparing/ reviews.

On 8/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, Reacher said:

Maybe I got the Costco ones on sale? I did check at the time and they were competitive.

As for NTB, I think it depends on the branch. The North Aurora location had the same manager for years and treated me well. Had transmission issues a decade ago on an older car and they recommended a cheap additive when I balked at their repair estimate. Bought me an extra 100k miles on that car. Went to Rte 59 location in Aurora and store was dirty/ bad service. 

Discount tire has the best website for shopping/ comparing/ reviews.

Best site is tirerack.com. Discount tire will match Tirerack and others’ prices, but tirerack often gives you a free road hazard warranty on the tires, I’ve had several tires covered in full over the years, big fan of tirerack 

3 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Best site is tirerack.com. Discount tire will match Tirerack and others’ prices, but tirerack often gives you a free road hazard warranty on the tires, I’ve had several tires covered in full over the years, big fan of tirerack 

I've looked at them but could never pull the plug on ordering online. They do have a good website. 

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I've looked at them but could never pull the plug on ordering online. They do have a good website. 

I usually call them, while online - placing order through a rep. They are knowledgeable, will walk you through best tires for what you’re looking for. Have used them for more than a decade, all experiences positive. 

Archived