Comic relief

3 thoughts...

@HoosierFaithful does us all a favor and doesn't ask for anything... So let's do him one by abiding... 

That said, I could help but get the "Eddie Murphy: Delirious" vibe with Eddie channeling his dad from his first post...

"My house. I pay the bills in this mother" 

And when I look at his avatar I can't help but think Bobby is saying, "My kid's backing who?!?! 😁😁

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

You are very welcome to go buy a domain name, purchase the forum software, and run your own IU sports site.  Until then, everyone can follow the very minimal rules we set out here or see the door hit you.

It's honestly baffling that someone can say "grow up and get over it" when you're sitting here whining that you aren't allowed to post the kind of jokes you want on a free internet forum.  Read the room (or your own post) and reflect a bit on that.

Says the guy who scolds us for being "political" as defined by cable news now, and a guy that uses a politician for his avatar. 

Just a smidge of hypocrisy...

On 8/25/2024 at 2:28 PM, HoosierFaithful said:

You can all use any avatar you want of any historical figure.  I don’t think we have ever said a word about what anyone uses there. 

If someone says they are offended by your avatar you will remove it?  Just asking as that is the underlining sentiment of ‘you can tell jokes in this thread but only certain ones’. Or is it I’ll do what I want because I pay for the site?  Both I understand and respect. Trying to understand where the line is is all. 

4 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

No, I won't remove it because we have never policed anyone's avatar, mine or otherwise.  Would someone be offended by a photo of George Washington?  This is ludicrous.  

We also didn't change any rules here because anyone complained or was offended - just to dispel a notion.  

False. You told me to change my Trump avatar. 

That does ring a bell actually - I’ll go back and review that situation and if I’m wrong, amend accordingly.  

With that being said - historical figures and current political candidates are two different things.  If you don’t agree, I’m very sorry you feel that way.  We have not moderated with two sets of rules. We strive for consistency. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

That does ring a bell actually - I’ll go back and review that situation and if I’m wrong, amend accordingly.  

With that being said - historical figures and current political candidates are two different things.  If you don’t agree, I’m very sorry you feel that way.  We have not moderated with two sets of rules. We strive for consistency. 

My dog is back home, probably eating some dadgum expensive pair of shoes that my wife needed to have, so He isn't in this hunt, but. 

Is a Trump Avatar a historic figure, or a current political candidate? Or maybe both? (Of course all of this question is pending your investigation about asking RTZ to remove his historical figure while yours stands). 

So, Tally Ho , as they say in the old English dog hunts. 

9 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

My dog is back home, probably eating some dadgum expensive pair of shoes that my wife needed to have, so He isn't in this hunt, but. 

Is a Trump Avatar a historic figure, or a current political candidate? Or maybe both? (Of course all of this question is pending your investigation about asking RTZ to remove his historical figure while yours stands). 

So, Tally Ho , as they say in the old English dog hunts. 

He sent me a DM to remove it. We know why. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

He sent me a DM to remove it. We know why. 

Yea we probably do, but as I said I don't really have a dog in the hunt.
Although I personally think the whole reason for initially asking to create this argument is silly, the modding here and how they ask for things are 90%+ pretty cool. Comparing that to other SH!T  hole Hoosier sites, this place is pretty darn cool. Not everyone, gets everything totally right.

Again, I am totally middle of the road on this pissin match. But Trump is an historical figure, in my history book.