Comic relief

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Hey y’all - please veer away from jokes related to sexuality in this thread.  Our current environment has made those pretty plainly a political issue.

But those are the best ones. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Alas, the new line in the sand is “has there been a recent cable news segment about this” and if yes, send it around in a PM thread to the small group here that enjoys it!

SMH

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Alas, the new line in the sand is “has there been a recent cable news segment about this” and if yes, send it around in a PM thread to the small group here that enjoys it!

SMH too. Have we lost every bit of humor there is in the world now, just because someone "might" get offended? This is a comic relief thread. Comedy touches everybody in the world in one way or the other. For those that get offended, maybe they should grow a pair...and get a life.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DWB said:

SMH too. Have we lost every bit of humor there is in the world now, just because someone "might" get offended? This is a comic relief thread. Comedy touches everybody in the world in one way or the other. For those that get offended, maybe they should grow a pair...and get a life.

Or maybe you just keep the tone as asked. Then decide to participate or not. 

99% of the jokes in this world are fine here. Pick one of those. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, rico said:

Baby picture of Hunter Biden?

Seriously, why????

We are trying to moderate this board the best we can. You may not always agree. But why purposely cause more crap?

You have a free freaking free website to discuss IU and be part of a community. We spend hours upon hours here trying to keep it going, as volunteer work (not UT kind of volunteer lol).

Why be so dang petty and intentionally make the volunteer work a pain in the a$$?

I swear, I love this community. But sometimes people can not just accept something they disagree with and move on. 🤷 

17 hours ago, DWB said:

I don't think the mods are "offended" by anything they've seen here. I know I haven't been. I think they're a bit concerned that some may be using this thread to air their political grievances. 

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Seriously, why????

We are trying to moderate this board the best we can. You may not always agree. But why purposely cause more crap?

You have a free freaking free website to discuss IU and be part of a community. We spend hours upon hours here trying to keep it going, as volunteer work (not UT kind of volunteer lol).

Why be so dang petty and intentionally make the volunteer work a pain in the a$$?

I swear, I love this community. But sometimes people can not just accept something they disagree with and move on. 🤷 

I'm sorry.  Was that a baby picture of you?

On 8/22/2024 at 2:43 PM, DWB said:

You are very welcome to go buy a domain name, purchase the forum software, and run your own IU sports site.  Until then, everyone can follow the very minimal rules we set out here or see the door hit you.

It's honestly baffling that someone can say "grow up and get over it" when you're sitting here whining that you aren't allowed to post the kind of jokes you want on a free internet forum.  Read the room (or your own post) and reflect a bit on that.

• Haha 1

To be clear…we can make fun of men…we can make fun of women (lord knows there are a ton of those jokes in this thread) but we can’t make fun of men pretending to be women? Got it. That said I’m not sure how it’s political as there are transgender on both sides of the the political spectrum. 

Please don’t ban me 😋

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

You are very welcome to go buy a domain name, purchase the forum software, and run your own IU sports site.  Until then, everyone can follow the very minimal rules we set out here or see the door hit you.

It's honestly baffling that someone can say "grow up and get over it" when you're sitting here whining that you aren't allowed to post the kind of jokes you want on a free internet forum.  Read the room (or your own post) and reflect a bit on that.

To be fair…this could be the state meme of Indiana.

IMG_3441.jpeg

• Haha 1

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I really don't see how any of these lines in the sand are confusing.  If you ever have a good-natured question as to if a post is kosher or not, PM the mod team en masse and you will likely get a reply within 15 minutes.  Heck, if you wait and don't get a reply, I promise you immunity!