Car Talk (and Truck Talk too)

9 minutes ago, Reacher said:

10,800. Figure that's enough for a possible 7-8k rv

Definitely. All the old heads around here think you need a maxed out F-350 to tow almost anything, but we haul out 2,800 lb aluminum 2 horse trailer with 2 1,000 lb horses just fine with my wife's Tacoma, rated at 6,500 lbs.

Don't know if yours came equipped with a trailer brake controller, but if not we did the Bluetooth thing...

Screenshot_20240926-174449.thumb.png.c6c5cabede8023414fbc2401658a2e7a.png

Works good and they didn't have to tear up her dash installing a hardwired one

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

I got a new vehicle a couple weeks ago. Traded in my mid size GMC Canyon after 8 years for the F150 Hybrid. I want to be able to tow in the future so I'm getting prepared. Was a tough decision between the Tundra, Ram 1500, Silverado and Ford. My first Ford. Hope it lasts and doesn't give me any trouble. It was kind of cool getting 25.8 mpg on my 12 mile trip to see my brother over the weekend. My GMC averaged 18.5 mpg. They say 23 mpg is the combined EPA #. It is weird getting used to something this big. There are some parking spots I have to pass on by. Now that I have this, bring on the heavy snow this winter!

I went from a 1996 Tacoma I drove for 11 years to an 07 Silverado. I hear you on it being weird getting used to and passing on parking spots. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...