TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

22 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Anybody watch The Bear? 

Never before have I loved a show that is so hard to watch. haha. All the yelling gives me anxiety, but the writing and character development is brilliant. The episode 'Forks' in season 2 is one of the best episodes, of any series, I have watched. 

That anxiety is why we've been slow to get back to it for seasons 2 & 3. The penultimate episode of season 1 was about as stressful an episode I've ever seen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

That anxiety is why we've been slow to get back to it for seasons 2 & 3. The penultimate episode of season 1 was about as stressful an episode I've ever seen!

100% understand. A few of my friends are in the same boat. And if it wasn't for a boring weekend in July when I had nothing on the schedule, I'd also be in that boat.

All I will say is that while the anxiety doesn't diminish, season 2 is better than 1 and delivers some absolutely outstanding episodes. And while I don't put a ton of stock in awards shows, it did receive a record high 23 Emmy nominations for season 2.  I wouldn't consider myself an emotional person at all, but a few episode had me welling up. In some weird F'd up way, it inspired me to take more pride in the things that I do (parent, work, coach, be there for friends/family, etc.) and be more patient/empathetic towards others. 

Disclaimer: I fully recognize that all sounds like hippy dippy mumbo jumbo, but usually those revelations typically signify the difference between one's interpretation of what is good, and what is great. At least in my case it does. If you choose to watch, I hope it affects you in a similar way. 

Season 3 is meh.