2023 NFL Discussion

rico

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me every year and every game is about winning and whoever gives you the best chance to win. I don't care what happens 3 years from now.  Ballard has had enough time to build a quality roster that can win now. If after 8 years you are still looking at 2 or 3 years in the future you have the wrong GM.

I might be headed because I didn't agree with picking Richardson in the first place and thought it was a major reach to pick him 4th in the draft. I don't remember anyone coming in the league with his inexperience that actually succeeded in the league. He was hurt in high school and college and now both years in the he league so I am pretty much done with him. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him being the long term solution 

It’s clear AR can’t stay healthy doing designed runs. Just can’t avoid the big, flush hits. 

So the question is, is he a good enough drop back QB to make playoff runs, running only when he is forced from the pocket?

5 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

It’s clear AR can’t stay healthy doing designed runs. Just can’t avoid the big, flush hits. 

So the question is, is he a good enough drop back QB to make playoff runs, running only when he is forced from the pocket?

If it wasn't for his running ability or athletic ability he would have been a 5th round pick. It would be stupid to take the running ability away from his game.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If it wasn't for his running ability or athletic ability he would have been a 5th round pick. It would be stupid to take the running ability away from his game.

It would also be stupid to continue to call designed runs for him if he gets hurt every other game on one of them, unless he can figure out how to avoid the big shots. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Also... Colts are 3-1 with Downs in the lineup. He's such a difference maker. Turned 23 in August. 

I try to watch for little things when I watch games. I like seeing how WR's run their routes even when they know the ball isn't coming to them. Downs is a guy who doesn't waste a step ever. He runs the same pace each time. No doubt Reggie is helping him on that front. 

Glad to see him coming into his own. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Flacco this year in 2 1/2 games

66% completion

716 yards

7 TD's

1 INT

Going into the last game was the highest rated passer.

Flacco is the ideal backup QB. Helps the team tread water while Anthony heals up, and then is content to go back to backing up and supporting AR. Great pickup by Ballard. 

On 10/15/2024 at 11:45 AM, Boiler Sam said:

It would also be stupid to continue to call designed runs for him if he gets hurt every other game on one of them, unless he can figure out how to avoid the big shots. 

Hard to avoid big hits when you are like 6’3 and 250…guy is a huge target and just alouf as f**. Not sure he will learn fast enough to survive.