2023 NFL Discussion

rico

What is it with Nick Sirianni and getting into it with fans? Two years ago, he stood on a bench and yelled at Colts fans after the Eagles won in Indy, claiming it was payback for the Colts' decision to fire Frank Reich. Today, he went after fans of his own team for booing late in the game against the Browns. Not the kind stuff I'd expect from an NFL coach. 

24 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

What is it with Nick Sirianni and getting into it with fans? Two years ago, he stood on a bench and yelled at Colts fans after the Eagles won in Indy, claiming it was payback for the Colts' decision to fire Frank Reich. Today, he went after fans of his own team for booing late in the game against the Browns. Not the kind stuff I'd expect from an NFL coach. 

He is a total clown. Philly fans boo everyone and everything, what does he expect? Barely beating the lousy Browns is not worthy of any retort, the fact they struggled so mightily to win that game tells me the fans were right to boo, lol. 

19 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

On top of that he brought his kid into the post game presser...kind of weak stuff expecting the kid to act as a shield.

16 hours ago, 5fouls said:

But, I'm sure they will be the featured Game of the Week on Fox 7 or 8 more times this season.  

I know the NFL wouldn't flex out the Cowboys and 49ers in Week 8 on SNF but if I were the NFL that game that day of Daniels/Williams (Washington/Bears) I would try to get more eyes on it. I think the new rules on flexing are that you get a few flexes for both TNF, SNF, and MNF.

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Joey Blue Skies is phenomenal.....and I love his role but AR needs to play asap. If healthy. 

He missed two or three TDs yesterday and the pick was an awful choice. 

But again, he's been very good on 3rd down+Pittman made a play for him. 

Play calling is more limited with him. 

AR5 is 3 full years younger than Levis. 3 years lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He missed two or three TDs yesterday and the pick was an awful choice. 

But again, he's been very good on 3rd down+Pittman made a play for him. 

Play calling is more limited with him. 

AR5 is 3 full years younger than Levis. 3 years lol 

AR's Mom I believe is 8 days older than Flacco....

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Joey Blue Skies is phenomenal.....and I love his role but AR needs to play asap. If healthy. 

They did a parody in the CBS pre-game yesterday based on U-pick apple orchards and went team by team with QB satire. When they got to the Colts they said sometimes old apples are just better than the newer hybrids that bruise easily. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

They did a parody in the CBS pre-game yesterday based on U-pick apple orchards and went team by team with QB satire. When they got to the Colts they said sometimes old apples are just better than the newer hybrids that bruise easily. 

I get it....but AR has to play and play soon for the future of the Colts. They aren't winning anything this year. By winning I mean deep playoffs. This organization needs to start setting itself up for 2 years out and the only way that happens is if AR starts playing asap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I get it....but AR has to play and play soon for the future of the Colts. They aren't winning anything this year. By winning I mean deep playoffs. This organization needs to start setting itself up for 2 years out and the only way that happens is if AR starts playing asap.

To me every year and every game is about winning and whoever gives you the best chance to win. I don't care what happens 3 years from now.  Ballard has had enough time to build a quality roster that can win now. If after 8 years you are still looking at 2 or 3 years in the future you have the wrong GM.

I might be headed because I didn't agree with picking Richardson in the first place and thought it was a major reach to pick him 4th in the draft. I don't remember anyone coming in the league with his inexperience that actually succeeded in the league. He was hurt in high school and college and now both years in the he league so I am pretty much done with him. I hope I am wrong but I don't see him being the long term solution 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Actually I believe it would be best for AR and the Colts if he backed up Flacco the rest of the season. I know it was a different era, but Aaron Rodgers was a first round draft pick who sat behind Favre for three seasons. AR could learn a lot from Flacco. He is just too young and inexperienced. 

In a recent interview, Rodgers said that Favre had him doing a lot of small tasks to help him prepare for games. While he hinted that it may have been pointless, he made it clear that it was one of the best things to learn to prepare for a game.

“I was in his hip pocket all the time,” Rodgers said, via BOLAVIP.com. “I was standing behind him in the huddle sometimes, listening to what he was saying before the start of a period. I was sitting in meetings with him, [taking] a ton of notes. I was watching hours of film on Mondays and Tuesdays trying to give him a little advantage for the week if I saw something that might help him in a game.

“I would print out this reports every week. It had all the DB’s we were playing and the catches that were against them and the little things I saw on film. I always joked that he just toss them in the bin on the way out. But for me it was the best thing to learn to prepare for a game.”

Aaron Rodgers didn't get much playing time during his three years sitting behind Brett Favre. But when he finally made his debut as a starter in 2008, he became an immediate star. 

• Like 1