2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 9/22/2024 at 5:06 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

Coming out of college I thought maybe he was a less accomplished Vince Young. Freak athlete with missing QB skills. But I think the better comparison may be Doug Williams. Another great athlete, and big QB for the time, but everything was a fastball.  9 year NFL career, 49% completions, 1/1 TDs/ints, sub 50% winning % (played for some really bad Bucs teams though). He was Super Bowl MVP in one of the fluke performances of all time. 

They should have him run some crossing routes in practice and have Flacco fire fastballs at him from 8 yards away. 

12 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Daniels was a pleasure to watch tonight, no doubt.  But his physical sturdiness is a question. I hope he can hold up.  It would be nice to see Washington be competitive again.  

He’s not built to withstand 17 games of designed runs.

The kid is a natural passer, Kingsbury needs to have him running AWAY from contact, not into it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just stating that being considered the second best in that division isn't much to say 

Why do you think I posted that, Scott? Why do you think it included laughing faces? 

Do you think, that I think, being the 2nd best QB in a division is an actual accomplishment for these guys? Cmmmonnnnnn

Richardson has been complete poop and is literally better/more promising than 2 of the other 3 QBs in the division. If you can't find that funny, idk what to tell you. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think a few of us touched on it preseason likely in fantasy thread but there just feels like a different vibe with Bengals vs couple seasons ago. I can't quite put my finger on it but the whole thing feels off.

Try putting your finger on Mike Brown and his daughter, Katie, who handles the contract negotiations.  That’s a good place to start.  They don’t value players and so players leave.  Yes, Mike will pay his quarterbacks…he loves them because he played quarterback in college.  Pretty much anyone else is expendable and especially once they reach the age of 30.  The Bengals are cheap and players know it, so they leave and the team has never shown the ability to sustain great competitiveness because of that.  They never have enough quality depth to be able to continually be highly competitive.  They refuse to pay for quality.  They let Tyler Boyd go, Jessie Bates, DJ Reader, Vonn Bell, Joe Mixon…and they’re letting Tee Higgins go and also telling Chase they wanted to talk contract over last summer but didn’t get it done, so now he says they misled him.  I imagine he’s a little pissed.  So, yeah…things are not great and right now with no defense there’s no game that actually looks like an easy win.  But hey, the Brown family got us to the Super Bowl three years ago.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

AR has been bad since week 1, but at least we aren’t paying him $50 million a year to suck…

That is the problem that is going on in the NFL. The decision on your QB second contract. If your QB is OK to good but not great do you still pay the QB 50 mil a year. It looks like the Giants, Jags and the Dolphins will regret resigning their QB's to those huge contracts.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That is the problem that is going on in the NFL. The decision on your QB second contract. If your QB is OK to good but not great do you still pay the QB 50 mil a year. It looks like the Giants, Jags and the Dolphins will regret resigning their QB's to those huge contracts.

Luckily the Colts have 2 years, or even 3, before they have to make that decision on AR. 

11 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

They need to find out if AR is the guy. He already lost 1 year. Needs as many snaps as possible now. 

I think the need to rush young QBs in is a massive mismanagement and a disservice. More QB's have been broken than not in doing so.