2023 NFL Discussion

rico

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

My patience is wearing thin with Richardson. I can't shake the feeling we're going to be seeing Flacco before long. 

That's a tough one. Richardson does have potential. But man he has so far to go. He needs the reps to develop. But you have to think giving him those reps means this is going to be a wasted year. I think Flacco could make this be a decent year. But he is obviously not the long term answer.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

After 7 starts? 

It hasn't looked great. He is who he was in college.

He makes a wow play every now and then, but fails to make simple throws. I watched about half the game today, and I recall in the 2nd quarter, it was about 3rd and 3. Downs ran a simple out route about 5 yards deep. Richardson threw it over him by 5 yards.

He's not putting the team in a position to win. He's not playing any better than a Gardner minshew, Andy Dalton, etc.

I hope it clicks for him. He seems like a phenomenal kid, with the build you look for in a QB. But he's missing simple throws and maybe really, really bad decisions.

Like you said, he hasn't played much. He deserves the whole season in my opinion. But if the season ends the way it has begun, you gotta be concerned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ephul said:

He makes a wow play every now and then, but fails to make simple throws. I watched about half the game today, and I recall in the 2nd quarter, it was about 3rd and 3. Downs ran a simple out route about 5 yards deep. Richardson threw it over him by 5 yards.

He's not putting the team in a position to win. He's not playing any better than a Gardner minshew, Andy Dalton, etc.

I hope it clicks for him. He seems like a phenomenal kid, with the build you look for in a QB. But he's missing simple throws and maybe really, really bad decisions.

Like you said, he hasn't played much. He deserves the whole season in my opinion. But if the season ends the way it has begun, you gotta be concerned.

It’s a case where the GM needs Richardson to play and the coach needs Flacco to play

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ephul said:

I think this post best sums up how I feel about AR5. He needs to get better and more proficient at the simple throws. Hoping he stays healthy and gets a full season to get better at his craft. He makes some really special throws and that has you wanting to see more, for sure.

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

image.thumb.png.f252a7a9074d0af71f19ceb7e5495557.png

That play call and about 10 others makes me really starting to figure out is Waldron calling these plays because our Oline sucks still.....or is he calling those plays because of something else? 

Thoughts from the game. Best atmosphere I've been at LOS in a long time. For my Bears. This L is on staff. We were getting yards on the ground and we abandoned it completely. Speaking of ground game Swift can take a seat to Johnson next week. I know Keenan is hurt but we never attack the middle. Amazing what you see in person vs TV but there was 15-20 yards of wide open space in the middle all game long. We either ran it, threw it short or deep but all on the outside. Just a puzzling gameplan.

Now let me flip my hat to the Colts side of things. Desperately needed a win and they got it...and that's all I can really offer besides JT. I get some of the AR complaints but he's so young...give him time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

That play call and about 10 others makes me really starting to figure out is Waldron calling these plays because our Oline sucks still.....or is he calling those plays because of something else? 

Thoughts from the game. Best atmosphere I've been at LOS in a long time. For my Bears. This L is on staff. We were getting yards on the ground and we abandoned it completely. Speaking of ground game Swift can take a seat to Johnson next week. I know Keenan is hurt but we never attack the middle. Amazing what you see in person vs TV but there was 15-20 yards of wide open space in the middle all game long. We either ran it, threw it short or deep but all on the outside. Just a puzzling gameplan.

Now let me flip my hat to the Colts side of things. Desperately needed a win and they got it...and that's all I can really offer besides JT. I get some of the AR complaints but he's so young...give him time. 

I have given up hope for the season. Our coaching staff is incompetent. The easiest game plan in the world to have going into the game would be to pound the interior of the Colts DL with running plays, then adjust if the Colts were somehow able to stop it. 

Just hope they do not completely ruin Caleb Williams for the next coaching regime that will hopefully take over in 2025.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I have given up hope for the season. Our coaching staff is incompetent. The easiest game plan in the world to have going into the game would be to pound the interior of the Colts DL with running plays, then adjust if the Colts were somehow able to stop it. 

Just hope they do not completely ruin Caleb Williams for the next coaching regime that will hopefully take over in 2025.

Not anywhere near giving up on season just disappointed in our staff so far. We all knew this was Flus make or break year and so far it's break.

Thought these next two games were lay downs when the schedule/subsequent injuries happened but guess not. We have to be 3-2 before heading across the pond.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

There is no easiest game plan in the world with that OL.  When I saw the Bears were starting Pryor at right guard I knew the Colts would be ok.  That guy couldn’t stick as a backup in Indy let alone make it as a starter.  The Bears have to get Caleb help up front.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not anywhere near giving up on season just disappointed in our staff so far. We all knew this was Flus make or break year and so far it's break.

Thought these next two games were lay downs when the schedule/subsequent injuries happened but guess not. We have to be 3-2 before heading across the pond.

Look, win next week and I'll get over it. Just down right now. I don't see my Bears in person all that often so it adds to the disappointment factor for me personally.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

There is no easiest game plan in the world with that OL.  When I saw the Bears were starting Pryor at right guard I knew the Colts would be ok.  That guy couldn’t stick as a backup in Indy let alone make it as a starter.  

So you wouldn't thoroughly attack the most obvious weakness in your opponent's defense to start the game? 

2 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Look, win next week and I'll get over it. Just down right now. I don't see my Bears in person all that often so it adds to the disappointment factor for me personally.

So far today. Work texts 8, work emails 7, work calls 3......Bears texts/calls 100+ on play calling, breakdowns, etc....haha

• Haha 3

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

I didn’t say I wouldn’t attack it.  Not at all.  I’m just saying nothing is going to be easy with that terrible OL.

When I said easy, I just meant it had to be an easy decision in terms of what to attack first from a game plan perspective, not that that I necessarily think the Bears would have an easy time executing the plan. But it should have been an easy decision to go into the game with that initial plan of attack.

In general I hate OC's who try to get too cute with things. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

When I said easy, I just meant it had to be an easy decision in terms of what to attack first from a game plan perspective, not that that I necessarily think the Bears would have an easy time executing the plan. But it should have been an easy decision to go into the game with that initial plan of attack.

In general I hate OC's who try to get too cute with things. 

Ah, yes.  I agree with that.  While I am not a Bears fan, I really liked what I saw from the two first round picks yesterday.  Give Caleb time to grow and a better OL and I think you Bears fans are going to be happy.  It just might take a year.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Mike Vrabel would be interesting as the next Bears coach.  The identity would match. The trenches and soundness would improve.  

Only way I would want Vrabel is if he brought Ken Dorsey along to be his OC. Dorsey worked miracles with Josh Allen. People forget how bad Allen was his rookie year and poof....he blossomed right away.

After hearing him speak this morning...I'll take frickin Gruden.