2023 NFL Discussion

rico

The good and bad of Colts week 2.

Good

JT rushing but needed about 10-15 more rushes.

Pierce

Bad

Run defense

Gus Bradley never changing his philosophy. He let an inexperience QB get comfortable and didn't make him beat the Colts but let them run the ball down our throat.

Shane Steichen play calling on the 3rd and 1. Also not having JT in the game in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Bears OL was such a disaster last night. Gave up 36 hurries and nearly a 50% pressure rate. The Colts should just blitz every play on Sunday. 

My brain still isn't done working on that game. I know we have to shift to next one soon but man. Poles being a Line guy himself there is no way the same unit can be brought out again. All the things that went bad, line, play calling, execution....and we still had the ball with a chance to win at the end. Not sure what to think.

Shoot I'd take a swing at Caleb Jones. I think Packers let him ago.....but anyone besides the same group. 

In terms of Bears/Colts. I don't see the Colts scoring more than 14-17 so if we can muster that we win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

My brain still isn't done working on that game. I know we have to shift to next one soon but man. Poles being a Line guy himself there is no way the same unit can be brought out again. All the things that went bad, line, play calling, execution....and we still had the ball with a chance to win at the end. Not sure what to think.

Shoot I'd take a swing at Caleb Jones. I think Packers let him ago.....but anyone besides the same group. 

In terms of Bears/Colts. I don't see the Colts scoring more than 14-17 so if we can muster that we win.

Bears-Colts should be a tight, competitive game in my estimation. Whoever screws up less, wins? 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Should they have taken an OL instead of Odunze?

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The good and bad of Colts week 2.

Good

JT rushing but needed about 10-15 more rushes.

Pierce

Bad

Run defense

Gus Bradley never changing his philosophy. He let an inexperience QB get comfortable and didn't make him beat the Colts but let them run the ball down our throat.

Shane Steichen play calling on the 3rd and 1. Also not having JT in the game in the 4th quarter.

Steichen said he had Sermon (another Ballard swing and miss) in the game on a critical 3rd and 1 “to get Sermon some reps.”  😆 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Should they have taken an OL instead of Odunze?

Not necessarily in that spot, but the last two drafts we have passed on some really good centers at various picks and center has been a gaping hole on this roster since Olin Kreutz retired many years ago.

I entered this season feeling really good about our tackles (Braxton Jones and Darrell Wright) and I like Teven Jenkins at guard, although this season has started rough for him. But center and the other guard spot were question marks and I certainly would have liked to see that solidified more. Especially with our GM being a former OL. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Not necessarily in that spot, but the last two drafts we have passed on some really good centers at various picks and center has been a gaping hole on this roster since Olin Kreutz retired many years ago.

I entered this season feeling really good about our tackles (Braxton Jones and Darrell Wright) and I like Teven Jenkins at guard, although this season has started rough for him. But center and the other guard spot were question marks and I certainly would have liked to see that solidified more. Especially with our GM being a former OL. 

Should be an interesting game on Sunday. Will be a ton of Bears fans in LOS, and the Colts are playing for their season already. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

Should be an interesting game on Sunday. Will be a ton of Bears fans in LOS, and the Colts are playing for their season already. 

I'll be there with my cousin, he is a Colts fan. I have season tickets for the Colts with him because it makes for a fun Sunday, and anyone but the Bears, I'm all for the Colts winning even though they beat us in the Super Bowl which I'm totally not still bitter and seething over, nope not me! :coffee:'

Two teams needing to find their way, and yeah I'd say the Colts level of urgency should be much higher. 0-2 isn't a good omen in the NFL, let alone 0-3. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I'll be there with my cousin, he is a Colts fan. I have season tickets for the Colts with him because it makes for a fun Sunday, and anyone but the Bears, I'm all for the Colts winning even though they beat us in the Super Bowl which I'm totally not still bitter and seething over, nope not me! :coffee:'

Two teams needing to find their way, and yeah I'd say the Colts level of urgency should be much higher. 0-2 isn't a good omen in the NFL, let alone 0-3. 

And 2 teams with talented young QBs who need more help from their teammates. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Steichen said he had Sermon (another Ballard swing and miss) in the game on a critical 3rd and 1 “to get Sermon some reps.”  😆 

That has to be one of the dumbest comments I have heard. That is smart to get him some reps in the 4th quarter on a crucial 3rd and 1 play. If JT was in there and we ran the option then the edge guy would have to choose who to take. With Sermon in there the edge guy didn't have to worry about the RB.

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That has to be one of the dumbest comments I have heard. That is smart to get him some reps in the 4th quarter on a crucial 3rd and 1 play. If JT was in there and we ran the option then the edge guy would have to choose who to take. With Sermon in there the edge guy didn't have to worry about the RB.

Buckner to IR and out for at least 4 weeks. Luckily the Bears have no running game.