2023 NFL Discussion

rico

25 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Prediction: Gus Bradley will be the scapegoat this time. 

He should have been let go after last year. In his two years we have finished 28th in points allowed and giving up 29 in game 1 this year. He just plays to soft of a zone and it gives up around 70% completion percentage 

Just now, IU Scott said:

This is an NFL board so I can post it here. You know you can put us on ignore don't you. I know I won't change your mind and you won't change mine so I am done.

There's a lot of things you "can" do, doesn't mean others won't find it annoying af. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There's a lot of things you "can" do, doesn't mean others won't find it annoying af. 

Why was it alright for me and a lot of others to bash Woodson constantly but we can't Ballard. Is it because you agreed with us on Woodson but not Ballard. It just sounds like to me you don't like it when others don't think like you.

Also I have never even signed up to post to Colts.com or any other of my oro teams message boards, only IU sports.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Why was it alright for me and a lot of others to bash Woodson constantly but we can't Ballard. Is it because you agreed with us on Woodson but not Ballard. It just sounds like to me you don't like it when others don't think like you.

Also I have never even signed up to post to Colts.com or any other of my oro teams message boards, only IU sports.

Have a good day man 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He should have been let go after last year. In his two years we have finished 28th in points allowed and giving up 29 in game 1 this year. He just plays to soft of a zone and it gives up around 70% completion percentage 

Some of it’s the Xs and the Os… but a lot of it is the Jimmys and the Joes… 

The offense will need to score 30 plus a game to win. And if they can stay healthy, I think that’s possible. 

Listening to ESPN radio today and Greenie was talking about how bad the QB play was in week 1. I guess this week was the worst since 2007 on passing yard average per game. The average was 188 yards per team this week and the QB rating was by the worse since then as well 

They were going over maybe what the problem is with the QB overall in the NFL. A lot thinks it is the lack of work in the off season and training camp. Also a lot of teams don't play their #1 QB much if any during pre season games.

What do you guys think.

Edited by IU Scott

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Other than David Carr... has there ever been a QB more setup to fail than Bryce Young? 

I'm actually feeling bad for the guy. Not just with ownership in Carolina but he knows what's at stake. 2nd contract isn't coming because of organizational failures. I've witnessed it with my Bears for decades. Carolina won't be good anytime soon and now Bryce has the #1 pick bust all over him....and on top of that if CJ Stroud continues to do his thing and Caleb plays to projection he'll deal with all of those comps as well.

Probably will have to go full Baker Mayfield.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm actually feeling bad for the guy. Not just with ownership in Carolina but he knows what's at stake. 2nd contract isn't coming because of organizational failures. I've witnessed it with my Bears for decades. Carolina won't be good anytime soon and now Bryce has the #1 pick bust all over him....and on top of that if CJ Stroud continues to do his thing and Caleb plays to projection he'll deal with all of those comps as well.

Probably will have to go full Baker Mayfield.

Like who even knows how good he is, ya know? 

WRs suck, RBs suck, TEs suck, coaching sucks, ownership sucks.. 

How can he succeed? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Like who even knows how good he is, ya know? 

WRs suck, RBs suck, TEs suck, coaching sucks, ownership sucks.. 

How can he succeed? 

Yep. Total organizational failure. The funny part is it sounds like Tepper has his eyes on Cam Ward already and Bryce Young might be done in year 2. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to ESPN radio today and Greenfield was talking about how bad the QB play was in week 1. I guess this week was the worst since 2007 on passing yard average per game. The average was 188 yards per team this week and the QB rating was by the worse since then as well 

They were going over maybe what the problem is with the QB overall in the NFL. A lot thinks it is the lack of work in the off season and training camp. Also a lot of teams don't play their #1 QB much if any during pre season games.

What do you guys think.

Specifically as it relates to the Bengals/Burrow, a big part of it, not only this season, but the last several, is the lack of camp and preseason game reps.  Part of that is Burrow has had a lot of injuries and ailments like appendicitis, and part is organizational philosophy.

Specifically to this season, I don't think Burrow's wrist is 100%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Listening to ESPN radio today and Greenfield was talking about how bad the QB play was in week 1. I guess this week was the worst since 2007 on passing yard average per game. The average was 188 yards per team this week and the QB rating was by the worse since then as well 

What do you guys think.

I would like to see what the pass blocking grades were in week 1 compared to other week 1s. 

Lots of teams willing to roll with young QBs too. 

I think DLs have just became absurd physical specimens it's never been harder to run offense. 

And for the love of God, run the damn ball more. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Should be able to beat Malik Willis without those guys. 

We let 4 backup QB's beat us last year. It seems like it has happened a lot over the years for the Colts.

Also if you read that article I posted about Bradley he makes it easier for QB's to play well.