2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Just wondering but does anyone think Lamar is ever going to be a good passing qb? He missed so many open throws last night…even the last drive most nfl qbs tie that game up in that goal to go situation with those open receivers. If Baltimore insists on making him a pass qb and this team is going to disappoint again.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just wondering but does anyone think Lamar is ever going to be a good passing qb? He missed so many open throws last night…even the last drive most nfl qbs tie that game up in that goal to go situation with those open receivers. If Baltimore insists on making him a pass qb and this team is going to disappoint again.

It will never be the strength of his game.  He's great at the things he does well, but he's not going to be one of these QBs we see playing into their late 30's.  His legs go and he's not a starting quality QB.

42 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hold on.. until I see an ALL 22 angle of the miss on 3rd down you can't put that on the QB. Maybe it was solely on him, but you absolutely can't tell that from the TV angle we had last night. 

I thought Lamar played the best I've ever seen him last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Weren't they in the AFC championship game last year. That is far from a disappointment 

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hold on.. until I see an ALL 22 angle of the miss on 3rd down you can't put that on the QB. Maybe it was solely on him, but you absolutely can't tell that from the TV angle we had last night. 

I thought Lamar played the best I've ever seen him last night. 

He missed a ton of open guys last night and had to run because of it…totally missed first down pass to likely and the 2nd down throw 5 yards behind Flowers was even worse. Third down wasn’t awful but I think he could have made it easier on Likely to stay in.

Clearly he is a very dynamic player and his running was incredible, but if Baltimore is to take the next step…he has to become more accurate and it doesn’t seem he is making big leaps in that area so I just don’t know how far he can take them.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Weren't they in the AFC championship game last year. That is far from a disappointment 

The playoffs were. They were favorites to win the AFC and had home field advantage. They put the ball in his hands throwing in that game and he played poorly. That’s what I mean by disappointment. Not the season but in the big games it was.

Peyton disappointed as well in big games until he didn’t…so I’m not saying he isn’t a great player…but more saying is he ever going to progress enough to win it all with the level of proficiency he is showing as a passer.