2023 NFL Discussion

rico

As a Bears fan, I have routinely been impressed everytime I have seen Tyson Bagent play.

I am curious what he would do if he actually got a chance to play as a starter for an extended period. Not just the few weeks as a backup.

Obviously that won't happen in Chicago. But I think there is some ability there.

• Like 2

I think one pass, maybe two weren't inaccurate. Dude also had shoulder surgery this offseason. They said the pick 6 and the third down to Mitchell were both the receiver's fault. I mean, for sure wasn't his best night, but mercy. 

The other one to Mitchell was a bad miss, on the corner/out route, not the one across the middle. 

Colts did what they should have last night. Outside of one play (the pick 6) it was a complete trashing. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only frustration with Richardson, 3rd and 15 he let himself take a senseless hit. The accuracy concerns, I guess? weren't there last year and I don't expect them to continue this year. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

AR had a rough week 

"He's just throwing to spots," veteran Bengals safety Geno Stone yelled at a different point in practice. "He doesn't see his receivers."

All told, Richardson went 10 of 20 passing with one touchdown in addition to Wilson's pick. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-defenders-taunt-colts-qb-anthony-richardson-during-joint-practice-is-that-all-he-does-is-run/amp/

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

AR had a rough week 

"He's just throwing to spots," veteran Bengals safety Geno Stone yelled at a different point in practice. "He doesn't see his receivers."

All told, Richardson went 10 of 20 passing with one touchdown in addition to Wilson's pick. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-defenders-taunt-colts-qb-anthony-richardson-during-joint-practice-is-that-all-he-does-is-run/amp/

Just win baby. 

On 8/25/2024 at 1:02 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

Mark Schlereth on Anthony Richardson at the 4:15 mark to 8:30

The Colts were close to winning because of Minshew? Did MS watch a game? Minshew was very average (good for a backup) but compared to a starter he wouldn't have been Top 20. 

I can understand the worry about injuries/style of play and its longevity. 

Worrying about much else makes me think he didn't watch much of the Colts. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Colts were close to winning because of Minshew? Did MS watch a game? Minshew was very average (good for a backup) but compared to a starter he wouldn't have been Top 20. 

I can understand the worry about injuries/style of play and its longevity. 

Worrying about much else makes me think he didn't watch much of the Colts. 

I took that to mean they wouldn't have won 9 games without Minshew last year. I don't think that can be disputed. He definitely had his limitations, but as a backup QB, you couldn't ask for much more. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I took that to mean they wouldn't have won 9 games without Minshew last year. I don't think that can be disputed. He definitely had his limitations, but as a backup QB, you couldn't ask for much more. 

Yeah he was for sure solid. Fighter. 

An explosive player at QB and... 🤷‍♂️

Man the pressures of making a roster. Buddy of mine son in law made the Steelers yesterday. Logan Lee was from a dink small town in Illinois went to Iowa and kept working his tail off. Made the final 53. The relief a family gets after years of work is unreal....now like they said the real work starts.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Tom Allen didn't offer him, which is impeccably more stupid than any "play call" he made during his time here. 

In football and especially basketball, I'd like to see us dig way deeper on recruiting.  I think Cignetti is already doing it.  I love when he talks about not caring how many stars.  Ponds was a "zero star" and will be a cb1.  McFadden was a 2 star.  Cignetti gets it.

In basketball, we are on high level talents, but there are a ton of guys who play winning basketball, ESPECIALLY FROM THE STATE OF INDIANA.   Tom Coverdale, Brian Evans types.  Kirk Haston from out of state.  

Tom Crean dug deep and went and found OG Anunoby.  Great find and that's one example.

It takes work and evaluation to understand a kid's makeup.  For us to get where we truly want,  this is imperative IMO. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I sure hope AR can stay healthy this season, I want to see him do his thing. Except Week 3, he can feel free to suck hot ass for that game. :coffee:

Was on "pace" to throw AND rush for 28TDs last season 🙏🙏

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

In football and especially basketball, I'd like to see us dig way deeper on recruiting.  I think Cignetti is already doing it.  I love when he talks about not caring how many stars.  Ponds was a "zero star" and will be a cb1.  McFadden was a 2 star.  Cignetti gets it.

In basketball, we are on high level talents, but there are a ton of guys who play winning basketball, ESPECIALLY FROM THE STATE OF INDIANA.   Tom Coverdale, Brian Evans types.  Kirk Haston from out of state.  

Tom Crean dug deep and went and found OG Anunoby.  Great find and that's one example.

It takes work and evaluation to understand a kid's makeup.  For us to get where we truly want,  this is imperative IMO. 

I think in the portal era, it's less likely that P6 bball teams will reach on guys and develop them. It's just easier to recruit transfers from the mid-majors. But I totally agree on IU football. They have to find gems, develop them and hope they can keep them. 

21 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think in the portal era, it's less likely that P6 bball teams will reach on guys and develop them. It's just easier to recruit transfers from the mid-majors. But I totally agree on IU football. They have to find gems, develop them and hope they can keep them. 

So, you're still considering the PAC 2 of Oregon State and Washington State to be P6 in hoops?  :coffee: