2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 8/16/2024 at 8:46 PM, dgambill said:

Why do you need high draft picks. You have your qb,  best wr in nfl, top 5 te, and heck Addison is legit too. Your ready to start winning

defense is not good. Why would you not want a top pick? Lions and Packers are probably going to be 1-2. Get an edge rusher, solidify the o line to protect our new QB, or get someone that we have been struggling with for the last how many years with the secondary, especially since Harrison Smith is talking about retirement. 

18 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Some of these idiot GMs like Fontenot, Douglas, and Schoen are making your boy Ballard look like Ron Wolf or George Young… I guess it could be worse.

We have a Top 10 GM. Your opinions mean little to me lol 

3 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Then we should be able to finally win a division title in Year 8 with a top 10 GM? 

Or win a 2nd playoff game ? 

Oh wow. The same post you had like 3 months ago on the subject, and the same one from 6 months ago on the subject. 

Stop quoting me, I have no interest in conversing with you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Colts first string better dominate tomorrow night. The Bengals aren't playing their starters so I hope our starters dominate the game.

I hope they work on the things that'll make them better week 1 and beyond. If a product of that is them "dominating" that's great, but it's a glorified scrimmage either way. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I hope they work on the things that'll make them better week 1 and beyond. If a product of that is them "dominating" that's great, but it's a glorified scrimmage either way. 

I am just hoping they look good,  if they don't then that is alarming 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 9:11 AM, ledies22 said:

defense is not good. Why would you not want a top pick? Lions and Packers are probably going to be 1-2. Get an edge rusher, solidify the o line to protect our new QB, or get someone that we have been struggling with for the last how many years with the secondary, especially since Harrison Smith is talking about retirement. 

We got the best edge rusher in the draft last year and picked in the mid teens. All those things can be found all through the draft. You can build around them and still win.

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

We got the best edge rusher in the draft last year and picked in the mid teens. All those things can be found all through the draft. You can build around them and still win.

??????????????????????????

Edge.....Will Anderson Jr.... defensive rookie of the year...... last year... selected 3rd.

Sauce Gardner DROY 22 selected 4th.

Micah Parsons in 21 selected 12th

Chase Young 20 selected 2nd

Nick Bosa in 19 selected 2nd

4 of the last 5 years DPOY was taken top 4.

What's the Colts record the last 10 years with these players you speak of?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ledies22 said:

??????????????????????????

Edge.....Will Anderson Jr.... defensive rookie of the year...... last year... selected 3rd.

Sauce Gardner DROY 22 selected 4th.

Micah Parsons in 21 selected 12th

Chase Young 20 selected 2nd

Nick Bosa in 19 selected 2nd

4 of the last 5 years DPOY was taken top 4.

What's the Colts record the last 10 years with these players you speak of?

You don’t need a team full of Dpoy to win…you need a well coached, fundamental team that knows and works well and fits together. Chiefs defense last year was great…and sure they have some great players but the most important weren’t first rd picks or at least taken high. Sure you need some disruptors but on defense they don’t have to be top of the draft if you identify them well. Just trust your staff to draft well and enjoy winning. Like I said you got a lot of studs already.

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Richardson really struggling against a bunch of Bengals who won’t be in the league by Monday. 

Still not totally bought into Richardson as a big time QB. Looked great on the first possession 7-8 TD. Since 1-6 and a pick 6 and a fumble which we luckily recovered.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Is it just my TV, or is the sound messed up for the commentators for the Colts Thursday night Football on Prime?

I'm watching the Swedish version of the broadcast, so I'm not understanding a word.

'Richardson kastar en sexa' either means 'Richardson throws a pick six' or 'Richardson caught in sex scandal'.

Neither of those is considered good. 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm watching the Swedish version of the broadcast, so I'm not understanding a word.

'Richardson kastar en sexa' either means 'Richardson throws a pick six' or 'Richardson caught in sex scandal'.

Neither of those is considered good. 

Brought an interpreter 

image.jpeg.fdc595edc13a8779adc808059ce995db.jpeg

• Haha 1