2023 NFL Discussion

rico

On 8/15/2024 at 3:03 PM, btownqb said:

NFL Sunday ticket is $480??? lol 

i got it free twice when it was with Direct TV.  I used it to watch a lot of football, but I can't say it was worth $480.  I was already getting the vast majority of Bengals and Colts games during the 1 o'clock time slot.  And, the nationally televised game I would get at 4 was usually the game I preferred in that time slot anyway. 

$480 to get m the 1 or 2 Bengals games not shown in the Louisville market?  Nah, I'll pass.

• Like 1

Still don't understand the Colts philosophy on not playing the starters in the second game. They say it is because of the joint practice with the Cardinals but still not the same as game conditions. You think an organization that hasn't won a season opener since 2013 would try doing things differently.

• Haha 1

I can't get over the new kickoff rule...

Why even bother? Just give it to the away team at the beginning of the game, the home team after halftime, and the defending team after a score at their own 25 and be done with it... 

11 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I can't get over the new kickoff rule...

Why even bother? Just give it to the away team at the beginning of the game, the home team after halftime, and the defending team after a score at their own 25 and be done with it... 

For real? I love it. 

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand the Colts philosophy on not playing the starters in the second game. They say it is because of the joint practice with the Cardinals but still not the same as game conditions. You think an organization that hasn't won a season opener since 2013 would try doing things differently.

Lol 

After the Falcons game yesterday they asked why Penix didn't play? Raheem Morris said he showed us enough last week we don't need to play him in the preseason. No clue what the Falcons are doing or will do. Would be funny if Cousins ended up back in Minny.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

After the Falcons game yesterday they asked why Penix didn't play? Raheem Morris said he showed us enough last week we don't need to play him in the preseason. No clue what the Falcons are doing or will do. Would be funny if Cousins ended up back in Minny.

Absurd. Absolutely absurd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Between Carolina and the Falcons the NFC South is leading the department of front offices who don't know how to handle business. You add the Saints who don't seem to have a real plan. Easily the worth division in all of football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Why? It's really just a scrimmage play. I understand all the injury/CTE concerns, so just get rid of it...

I don't understand what the issue is? 

Its literally the same thing with... not as much impact. 

They made the kickoffs matter again with the rules installed. Again, I love it. I don't think it's applicable in HS because very few have good kickers, but... yeah. I was really hesitant at first... 

Watching the Colts two preseason games.. I'm a fan. 

"It's really just a scrimmage play"-- what do you mean by that? 

Edited by btownqb

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Between Carolina and the Falcons the NFC South is leading the department of front offices who don't know how to handle business. You add the Saints who don't seem to have a real plan. Easily the worth division in all of football. 

And Tampa just got lucky TB12 was willing to play there lol.. they're poop too, but I at least respect them for signing Baker... who is a solid NFL starter. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't understand what the issue is? 

If you're changing rules, it should be to enhance the game. This one is for player safety, and I understand that (except for the kicker, who's on an island if the runner does break through the initial line)...So why not just start the ball at the 25 and eliminate it all together...And pretty much doing away with the onside kick, well, I can see where you Colts fans don't mind that after what Sean Payton pulled in the SB :) 

50 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its literally the same thing with... not as much impact. 

As I said, not much more than a play from scrimmage...There was nothing more exciting than a kickoff when Devin Hester, or Billy Johnson was back for a traditional kickoff...Most exciting play in football...

But, those days are over. Substituting a watered down version doesn't do anything to make the game more exciting, IMHO...

And yeah, I have watched it in the preseason...Just not a fan of it...It's ok to disagree...

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

When I saw this news, my first thought was that Cousins won't be ready for Week 1 and the Falcons don't want to expose Penix to injury.  

Whether that is the reason and whether i agree with it if that's the case, is another story.  Just theorizing as to why they might take this approach.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If you're changing rules, it should be to enhance the game. This one is for player safety, and I understand that (except for the kicker, who's on an island if the runner does break through the initial line)...So why not just start the ball at the 25 and eliminate it all together...And pretty much doing away with the onside kick, well, I can see where you Colts fans don't mind that after what Sean Payton pulled in the SB :) 

As I said, not much more than a play from scrimmage...There was nothing more exciting than a kickoff when Devin Hester, or Billy Johnson was back for a traditional kickoff...Most exciting play in football...

But, those days are over. Substituting a watered down version doesn't do anything to make the game more exciting, IMHO...

And yeah, I have watched it in the preseason...Just not a fan of it...It's ok to disagree...

Yeah I don't see how it's watered down. What was watered down was 90%+ of kicks being touchbacks. 

Now it's enhanced and they return the kick. 

The new rule will cultivate MORE KORs for TDs then the old model... like without a doubt. 

Devin Hester would eat in this model. 

The onside kick is interesting. Probs not a fan, but we'll see. 

Yes, Payton got us in the super bowl. But uh.. are you a Bears fan? 🙈🙈

Just now, btownqb said:

The new rule will cultivate MORE KORs for TDs then the old model... like without a doubt. 

I'm not sure about that...But we'll see...

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Yes, Payton got us in the super bowl. But uh.. are you a Bears fan? 🙈🙈

Yes, and the fact that we kept it that close with Rex Grossman as our QB says a lot :)