2023 NFL Discussion

rico

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Didn't Fields blow up in preseason as well and had a "The NFL is slow to me" comment.

Looked like the same Fields to me. I like the guy and his skillset a lot, but same stuff. Taking sacks, fumbled two snaps. A few good throws but not too consistent. It's never been about his talent but his ability to make the correct read and make plays when it matters most. I am pulling for the guy and he's in a good spot, but it's really on him at this point. 

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Looked like the same Fields to me. I like the guy and his skillset a lot, but same stuff. Taking sacks, fumbled two snaps. A few good throws but not too consistent. It's never been about his talent but his ability to make the correct read and make plays when it matters most. I am pulling for the guy and he's in a good spot, but it's really on him at this point. 

I agree. I was talking about Fields first year though. Where he had a good outing and said the NFL is slow to me. My point being is, it is the preseason and nothing means anything. in 2021 the bears thought they found their answer. and here they are again getting hyped because the answer is here after a single preseason game. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I agree. I was talking about Fields first year though. Where he had a good outing and said the NFL is slow to me. My point being is, it is the preseason and nothing means anything. in 2021 the bears thought they found their answer. and here they are again getting hyped because the answer is here after a single preseason game. 

TBH, If he can't beat out an over the hill/hurt Wilson, he may be done as an NFL starter. Similar to when Mitch had his shot in Pittsburgh. It's fashionable to bag on the OC(s) but at some point it's really up to the player to make the plays available within the offense regardless if it's the best offense/plays for their individual skillset. What normally "breaks" QBs like Fields is their inability to make "winning" plays when it matters most. That being said, I am rooting for the guy. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Yep, wanted a new contract and Philly said no

I'm not interested in any team cancers... 

But man.. if you could get him for a pick swap/cheap... he'd be a phenomenal pick up with Sam E out for the year.  

I like what we have on the DL right now, but truly cannot have enough depth.  

Not overly sure he's a 3 down guy in a 4-3 though.  

56 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm not interested in any team cancers... 

But man.. if you could get him for a pick swap/cheap... he'd be a phenomenal pick up with Sam E out for the year.  

I like what we have on the DL right now, but truly cannot have enough depth.  

Not overly sure he's a 3 down guy in a 4-3 though.  

I think the DL is the best and deepest unit in this team. I can't see another team trading for him since he won't report until he gets a new contract 

Feel silly asking this since I live in Indy but I don't go to many Colts games. The one's I've gone we either tailgate or have drinks up North and Uber. I have about 2 dozen Bears fans coming in for our September game. My question is this. I think most bars open at 10am for 1pm kick....but does anyone know if places like Georgia St or elsewhere are open to have beers and walk around before game? Thanks!

On 8/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, OGIUAndy said:

TBH, If he can't beat out an over the hill/hurt Wilson, he may be done as an NFL starter. Similar to when Mitch had his shot in Pittsburgh. It's fashionable to bag on the OC(s) but at some point it's really up to the player to make the plays available within the offense regardless if it's the best offense/plays for their individual skillset. What normally "breaks" QBs like Fields is their inability to make "winning" plays when it matters most. That being said, I am rooting for the guy. 

Fields can run…but everyone has known from his Ohio St days he is slow to make decisions and get the ball out. I mean his qbr was basically the same as Desmond Ridder’s…it would take an epic turnaround to fix him. I got hate for past 3 years for telling it like it is to Bears fans but I think some are finally accepting it now that they aren’t invested in him.

Edited by dgambill

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think Darnold might surprise people this year…have a Baker Mayfield type comeback. Best situation he has been in. He has the tools and is almost as young as several of these rookie qbs…I think it’s a good fit.

On 8/13/2024 at 8:10 PM, dgambill said:

Fields can run…but everyone has known from his Ohio St days he is slow to make decisions and get the ball out. I mean his qbr was basically the same as Desmond Ridder’s…it would take an epic turnaround to fix him. I got hate for past 3 years for telling it like it is to Bears fans but I think some are finally accepting it now that they aren’t invested in him.

I would say over 50% of Bears fans were aware of what was happening. You have to understand they are some of the most negative fans there is. Just because some were cheering his every move, I think most fans started to see the writing on the wall. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

I think Darnold might surprise people this year…have a Baker Mayfield type comeback. Best situation he has been in. He has the tools and is almost as young as several of these rookie qbs…I think it’s a good fit.

I hope not. JJ is now out for the year. Stack up L's to get draft picks. I am tired of having a great team and exiting early in the playoffs, and not having a great team but still managing to scrub together enough wins for a late teens draft pick. 

On 8/13/2024 at 9:10 PM, dgambill said:

Just catching up on things here. I'll say this. I think Fields with the right staff and system can reinvent himself. The Bears as an organization and staff failed the kid. Someone out there will help him. Doubt it's Tomlin or the Steelers as they aren't necessarily known as the bastion of offense.

Baker Mayfield, Geno Smith, Alex Smith, Jimmy G...shoot even Steve Young. I blame the Bears not Fields and wish him luck.

On 8/14/2024 at 3:37 PM, ledies22 said:

I hope not. JJ is now out for the year. Stack up L's to get draft picks. I am tired of having a great team and exiting early in the playoffs, and not having a great team but still managing to scrub together enough wins for a late teens draft pick. 

Why do you need high draft picks. You have your qb,  best wr in nfl, top 5 te, and heck Addison is legit too. Your ready to start winning

Edited by dgambill