2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same with Josh Downs. Not sure of severity but Steichen wasn't happy that Cross did that in a 7 on 7 drill. Hopefully Downs will be ok if not the Colts need to be looking to add a WR soon.

The safety position is going to be the downfall of this team. Still can't believe he hasn't addressed this position at all in the off season. Cross has been a huge disappointment and we traf d up into the 3rd round to get him

• Confused 2

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The safety position is going to be the downfall of this team. Still can't believe he hasn't addressed this position at all in the off season. Cross has been a huge disappointment and we traf d up into the 3rd round to get him

Nick Cross, outside of one play (assuming the announcers were correct) was pretty good last year. 

PFF graded him 71.1 which would be an "above average" grade. 

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Nope not.  I like the guys we have there.  

Mitchell and Pierce have had good camps. 

Downs may not be healthy to start the season.  Wouldn't hurt to take a flier on an experienced receiver when you have a young QB.  

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Downs may not be healthy to start the season.  Wouldn't hurt to take a flier on an experienced receiver when you have a young QB.  

He couldn't make it work on 3 of the better franchises in the NFL.  There's a reason for that. Idk what that is exactly. 

Red flags all over the place.  

• Like 1

We all know it's preseason but saw enough from Caleb yesterday to show he's light years ahead of Fields. Made the throws we need to see and the one thing I really liked is he stayed in the pocket. Fingers crossed we got one.

PS...Thanks Carolina. You'll be the gift that keeps on giving for years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

We all know it's preseason but saw enough from Caleb yesterday to show he's light years ahead of Fields. Made the throws we need to see and the one thing I really liked is he stayed in the pocket. Fingers crossed we got one.

It was nice to watch our QB actually go through his progressions effectively and not only use half the field/lock into one receiver. Like you said, it is only preseason, but all the Bears fans I know are giddy this weekend.

Now if only our o-line can hold up!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

It was nice to watch our QB actually go through his progressions effectively and not only use half the field/lock into one receiver. Like you said, it is only preseason, but all the Bears fans I know are giddy this weekend.

Now if only our o-line can hold up!

I'll also add Austin Booker. Not bad for a 4th rounder. Pressures and sacks vs starters and 2nd units. Thanks Atlanta!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Why do so many people freak out after preseason games…. 
They are not even vanilla anymore. It’s more about who we are going to keep….

I am not freaking out about this one game. It is the things I have seen the last two years from a Gus Bradley's defense. It has to do with Ballard not doing anything with the  safety position. It is bringing back the same players from the defense that finished 28th last year 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't Fields blow up in preseason as well and had a "The NFL is slow to me" comment.