2023 NFL Discussion

rico

54 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Now that I’m signed up for FF I should start following this thread for all sorts of hot tips!  

Keep your eye on Tom Brady, Dan Marino, and Johnny Unitas.  They are primed for big years.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

That's awesome! You going to the preseason game as well?

I am undecided on the game. I don't necessarily want to get a hotel for the entire weekend but it isn't that much of a drive, so I won't rule it out but not currently planning on it.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 10:35 AM, IU Scott said:

Who is a Titans fan? This post is about the Texans vs the Colts. As far as I can tell Boiler Sam is a Colts fan 

I am a Colts fan, having moved here  from Texas around the same time the Colts moved here…and still also a Cowboys fan. 

Ballard seems like a good dude. And working for that flake Irsay has to be difficult…so I really do hope he gets it going this year. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 1:16 PM, Seeking6 said:

Hate to see it but happens every single year. Samson Ebukam is out for the year for Colts. Tore his achilles in practice yesterday.

I’m surprised this didn’t generate more discussion from Colts fans.  I believe he had 9 sacks last year and IMO was a very under appreciated part of the defense.  I think this is a pretty big loss.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’m surprised this didn’t generate more discussion from Colts fans.  I believe he had 9 sacks last year and IMO was a very under appreciated part of the defense.  I think this is a pretty big loss.

I thought so unless there's a stable of rushers I'm unfamiliar with.

On 7/20/2024 at 10:56 PM, bronkonagurski said:

Making the trip to Canton in 2 weeks for the HOF ceremonies. 3 Bears getting inducted so figured no better time to go than now. 

It was a good time, glad I went! Although the weather had me questioning my life decisions at one point, hiding under the edge of the HOF building during a severe thunderstorm had my anxiety level through the roof!

Peyton Manning showed up in the building during my HOF tour. I did not get a chance to interact with him directly but he was really cool with the fans. 

Getting in and out of Canton was super easy. They had a nice setup with parking at the county fairgrounds and shuttle buses running back and forth plus golf carts. All the staff from the parking lot to the transportation folks to the HOF staff in the building were super nice. Inside the stadium, they went around and took care of the excess water on the seats from all the rain.

Totally worth the experience, would do it again. 

The speeches from each player and the intros from their presenters were touching. I've watched some of this stuff on TV before, granted usually only when it was Bears players. But it hits different being there in person. 

All these millionaire football people gathering in basically a high school football stadium in a small Midwest town each year for this stuff, it is crazy.

Also happy 99th birthday to Marv Levy! What a legend, too bad he could not make it! 

Edited by bronkonagurski
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Imagine a top #15 pick being behind Jarrett Stidham and Zach Wilson? 

Furthermore-- 3rd year pro Zach Wilson just turned 25 (who allegedly sucks), Bo Nix turns 25 in February. 😀

That is a sad, sad QB room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That is a sad, sad QB room.

Raiders might even be worse lol 

Ultimately, I just don't understand the appeal of Penix/Nix as first rounders. 

IMO-- I feel we've seen enough evidence of 1st rd QBs flopping that taking chances on those two is silly.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Imagine a top #15 pick being behind Jarrett Stidham and Zach Wilson? 

Furthermore-- 3rd year pro Zach Wilson just turned 25 (who allegedly sucks), Bo Nix turns 25 in February. 😀

further furthermore, imagine being the coach of said team laughing that he baited the Vikings to jump up all while you sat back and got the QB you have always wanted. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

further furthermore, imagine being the coach of said team laughing that he baited the Vikings to jump up all while you sat back and got the QB you have always wanted. 

I was laughing so hard when he said that. Sean Payton must be a true douche. Absurdly good offensive play-caller/concept designer.... I doubt I'd like to drink beer with him. 

There isn't enough money in the world for me to pick Penix/Nix ahead of JJ McCarthy. Jordan Love, who sat for two years, and is in his 4th season as a Pro (and has a 4K yard passing season)... is only one year older than Bo Nix 😀 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have dropped this subject by now and ate crow, but they drafted a 24.5yr old QB in the first 15 picks and he is their 3rd string behind two shit QBs (by NFL standards) lolol .... I can't imagine being a Bronco fan. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was laughing so hard when he said that. Sean Payton must be a true douche. Absurdly good offensive play-caller/concept designer.... I doubt I'd like to drink beer with him. 

There isn't enough money in the world for me to pick Penix/Nix ahead of JJ McCarthy. Jordan Love, who sat for two years, and is in his 4th season as a Pro (and has a 4K yard passing season)... is only one year older than Bo Nix 😀 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would have dropped this subject by now and ate crow, but they drafted a 24.5yr old QB in the first 15 picks and he is their 3rd string behind two shit QBs (by NFL standards) lolol .... I can't imagine being a Bronco fan. 

AND they’re paying Russ to play for the Steelers. 

• Like 2

Good. I'm 100% in support of fighting at practice if it's within the play and then spills over to "after the whistle"... certainly not every play, but I get it. They are NOT choir boys and we do NOT want to take their mentalities away..... 

Buuuuut-- some of these fights in this particular scrimmage were RIDICULOUS. 

Nabers should get the absolute shit knocked out of him for some of stuff he pulled. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Same with Josh Downs. Not sure of severity but Steichen wasn't happy that Cross did that in a 7 on 7 drill. Hopefully Downs will be ok if not the Colts need to be looking to add a WR soon.

They acted like it was just an ankle. 

Downs walked off, though, he needed help. Moore's would be "bone" of some sort with the aircast. 🙏

• Like 1